Category Page Experiments

I am grateful to Envato but Feb was the worst month (50% lower sales). Now experiments are continuing and sales are on the same low level (maybe a little bit better). It’s a nervous situation especially for non-top authors, when every sale counts. We fear we have to back to our hateful 8-hour jobs and forget about our dream to create what we do best and what we love.
Envato was the place where you could work hard and get what you deserve. It was very motivational and honest story. And we don’t want this place to become the memorial of hopes…

Pls , doing this experiments don’t kill everything we love here, our dreams and our creativity. Hope it’s just a phase.

16 Likes

@jamesgiroux

Hi James,

This is very bad for new times. my new items is not sold as my before items. Can you please tell me when this will stop?

Please go back to show newest time first

10 Likes

Hi.

In our PC it shows “newest items”, on mobile it shows “trending items”. Does it different appear on different devices?

Cheers.

My last HTML template realised 6 days ago and i set its price 5$. But I sold only 1. And its pageview already 15-20. Thanks for Brilliant Experiment !!!

Yes. I know that it is different if you are logged in or not. It is A/B/C/D test

1 Like

#Envatostopexperiment

4 Likes

#Envato Please stop experiment This A/B/C/D test continue… How long time ?

2 Likes

Envato I am seeing Nightmares that It looks like you are just playing with our earning. By putting best rated as a Default option. just answer me one thing. How new items trending or best rated if they won’t visible to anyone. doing these experiments for 2 or 3 days is ok. But doing it weeks and months will destroy the personal life of lots of full-time authors like me.

12 Likes

Hi my team members completely disappointed from last month. this A/B/C/D test continue ? My Business Shutdown.

I think the test is over. For me now the WordPress themes are sorted by “Newest Items”.

No. Test is not over ? Test is running…Some times “Best Sellers” Some times “Newest Items” Dynamically changing other options also.

2 Likes

Maybe you are right, but for me this is the first time (from the start of this test) that I have “Newest Items” as default. We will see.

Envato proved last year they only care about the bottom line and not the authors that supply them with content. Remember the fruitless debate over removing the credits system? I no longer buy from Envato because they treat you guys like crap, ignore your concerns, constantly answer with the same repeated ‘form’ responses, and compensate you so little for the tremendous efforts you put into your work. I watch the free content, snatch up what interests me, then, if I use that content, find another way to support the Author… outside of Envato. This way, the author gets the compensation they deserve. I’m quite surprised there are so many here that swear by this business. If by saying this, I get kicked out, so be it… I really won’t miss it.

10 Likes

With this system you have destroyed my envato dream …

an item that has already been sold and received a star is brought to the fore. A really wrong policy. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

3 Likes

If you continue in this way, you will no longer have a community that produces content. reason ney hımm “envato is trying something new” do not try our labor is disappearing :angry::angry::angry::angry:

6 Likes

Only 2 sales in 3 new projects really annoying

We are really experiencing the poorest sales for the March month due to this. We generally don’t comment on sales ups and downs. Usually March is our best month in first half of the year. But now we are in a position that we may not make 50% of what we made 7 years ago in March. That is how the sales are now.
Still we are uploading files every week. We think envato is also suffering from low sales. May be that is the reason they are doing this. Hope things will get better in the future :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

me too

We published a new Magazine Theme couple of days ago: https://themeforest.net/item/the-issue-versatile-magazine-theme/23448818

The first 2 day “visits” were about 1250.

This was more than 2500 + on our previous themes.

6 Likes

WTF EXPERIMENT :smile: