Category page experiment update & new Category page design for WordPress

You said: “Please create niche themes. There are more multipurpose themes on the marketplace, than buyers need.” Thanks. That was a great suggestion. I had a few bestselling items (for about a few weeks) on my old account which I don’t maintain for a few years. But, I created new account to start from scratch to enter a niche area. I’m here from 2010, btw. That was reasonable, no? Now, you offer old bestsellers. A cool joke. I would love to see your smiling faces.

8 Likes

I don’t believe in that.
Weekly sales are just as always.
Nothing not changed.
Only new items were broken.
Please switch default sorts to NEWEST ITEMS

9 Likes

Please switch default sorts to NEWEST ITEMS! It is a joke.

1 Like

Well, I made a simple web store using WooCommerce and already made my first sales. I don’t see a reason to sell anything on Themeforest at this moment - Envato takes 37.5% as an author fee at the begining. I wouldn’t mind giving it as long as they would give my products some traffic, but well, they don’t.

6 Likes

All authors should stop upload new product.
Envato doesn’t need them.

11 Likes

Poor you, poor me, and poor us.

6 Likes

I think should be:
“Choose Avada , X , Be or the 7 …”

3 Likes

The lack of response from Envato says it all really. Does anyone here know if they actually read these posts? Shameful communication and a complete lack of respect to those people who have worked extremely hard to create their [so called] Community.

5 Likes

I really don’t understand what they should tell more? Once results of tests are ready - they’ll let us know. I’m 100% no one will revert experiments now.

“You do the creative, we get the money” - envato 2019

5 Likes

For me its actually something like,

“You do creative?.. we don’t care!” - Envato 2019
“You still do creative?.. you must be mad!” - Envato 2020
“Are you till here doing creative?.. Get out !!!” - Envato 2021

Hey Collis, when you were talking about a 2020 vision in 2015,… I never was “this” coming, . You actually got everyone by surprise !

7 Likes

Envato 2019 - Experiment year!

Just expectation!

The default sorting (new items) will not come back again!
Bestseller sorting will not forever!

What is coming ??

Blocks design

Pages and the categories will include a series of blocks (new, fast selling, trend, best selling,…etc),

As a new author, I hope to create a new category (New items) such as popular items

1 Like

Did they collect enough data from the new Category design?

I am currently working on a wordpress theme for about 1.5 years and when its done, i am definitely not going to upload it. Envato stop playing with our dreams :’(

6 Likes

I am guessing that Envato team thinks they collected enough items for all seven markets, and they are just focusing on the best selling (most profitable) ones. that is it.

6 Likes

Almost 200 replies and 7 days later, they still can’t be bothered to leave a single comment here.

9 Likes

The same theme with 594 posts was closed without an answer !!!
https://forums.envato.com/t/category-page-experiments/220182/643
This looks they ignored authors posts.

6 Likes

First ask yourself when problems on Market have started (when the Elements are open) and everything is directed there not to mention banners that will not be removed…I do not know why someone is expecting some important answer here from Envato, if they wanted they could communicate with the authors earlier, now exist important “best sellers authors” and others…
But there is one important thing, Envato depends on authors but all authors should stop upload and remove items on Elements unfortunately there is no other way…it will quickly become boring the same “best items”, only money and subscription loss on Elements can bring improvement for Market otherwise there will never be better here.
The world has become a place where only profit is important so here too, nobody cares how many authors and their families live from this market, they make stupid decisions over night for a short profit and always hurts authors.
Some authors may not agree but it needs start from first thing which started wrong and this is just another in the a row and certainly not the last…

9 Likes

Themeforest will be close if they stand on this decision. Themeforest should remember all items are Authors and Should respect to All Authors

4 Likes

guys why are silent envato team?why they do not respond to the wave of indignation?
ABSOLUTE disrespecting(

7 Likes