Can't upload video to my video site!

I just signed up for a WordPress Web site with HostGator. I’m working on a private video hosting site. I installed VLOG yesterday, and everything looks like it’s working properly. However, wehn I tried uploading the first video, I got a message saying, “This file exceeds the maximum upload size for this site.” The file I was trying to upload was under 1 GB. How do I set the upload size to something that’s actually usable? Is this a problem with my Web host, WordPress, or VLOG?

HostGator enforces a limit of 512MB for file uploads on its shared hosting plans. This cannot be changed under any circumstances.

Unless it’s over an hour long, a video intended for the web should definitely be less than 512MB. I would suggest converting it to a smaller resolution or compressed format like MP4 before uploading it. You could also upload the file to the server over FTP.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was just trying to figure out who to go to to have it remedied, and now I have my answer. I’ll upgrade the site to a dedicated server. Thanks also for the FTP tip!

1 Like

A dedicated server might be a bit excessive, you could look into a VPS plan instead where you would have control over the upload limit and save a decent amount of money. :wink:

1 Like

Again, thanks for the advice! It’s invaluable!! Have a great rest of the week!

1 Like