Can't install theme

I just purchased and downloaded the anthology theme and it is not installing on my wordpress. What is going on???

What seems to be the error?

Have you made sure to just upload the theme files and not the whole download from ThemeForest which will include other files such as the documentation etc?

99% of the time that’s the issue, if that’s not it you should maybe contact the theme author with the details of the error.

a.) double check its the WordPress Version…

b.) http://wiki.envato.com/buying/support-buying/solving-broken-theme-issues/

~Chris

Awesome! It worked now! I was actually trying to upload the whole thing! Thanks for the quick response!!

I have a similar problem. I’m using the Wordpress theme installer. I select my sommerce zip file and it starts to upload. When it finishes I get a new screen asking “Do you want to do this?” and a link to try uploading again.

I’ve tried uploading the main zip file and I’ve extracted that zip file and uploading the sommerce zip file inside it but nothing works.

Is FTP the only way?

Jules

I am having the exact same problem sommerce file. Each time I try to upload it, I get a message saying “Are you sure you want to do this?”

I would greatly appreciate any advice, as I am new to this and have NO idea what I am doing anyway. Thanks!

me too, same problem, for “are you sure you want to do this?” any way to upload this?

michaelmancini said

me too, same problem, for “are you sure you want to do this?” any way to upload this?

If you’re getting this message, just unzip your theme and manually upload the theme folder to your site with an FTP program here:

/wp-content/themes/

So you’ll have a result:

/wp-content/themes/your-new-theme/

I have a similar problem. Manual upload I did, but it does not work. PHP files are missing.

radimov said

I have a similar problem. Manual upload I did, but it does not work. PHP files are missing.

are you sure you bought a WordPress theme? its possible theres no php files because its a site template(html)

so what are you suppose to do with this type of file then, i thought it was for word press theme upload. is there somewhere else to use this? i just want to use the theme i purchased. geeeze.

michaelmancini said

so what are you suppose to do with this type of file then, i thought it was for word press theme upload. is there somewhere else to use this? i just want to use the theme i purchased. geeeze.

What theme did you buy?

it wouldn’t work with the downloaded version of wordpress.org. i had to switch from go daddy and go with blue host to make it work. and pull the “core” folder out of the zipped up file and rezip and then install it. works awesome for me now!

Yep, same problem. Installing using internal upload gets a ‘please try again’ warning.
Manually unzipping the folder throws up a Broken Theme ‘stylesheet is missing’.
I am really up against a wall here- how do I get this thing installed?

I am having the same issue as kingofdaveness. Installing using internal upload prompts the following when trying to just install the theme folder:

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

Need a quick response. I have client waiting for initial screenshots of a functioning site.

Hey bmussman,

As others mentioned in this thread, your download zip is not the theme itself. It is a collection of theme + documentation + PSD + other optional resources. You will need to unzip the download first. Next, either go through the documentation for installation instructions, or find the actual theme folder, say ‘xyz’.

That theme folder should be uploaded to the wp-content/themes/ directory. You can do so by using an FTP program, or by zipping the ‘xyz’ folder and uploading it via WordPress admin.

thanks, fixed my problem.

my wordpress does not give me the option to add a new theme. I have bluehost and recently bought a wp theme from them forest.

I bought a theme “enfold-responsive-multipurpose-theme” i want to know one thing,which folder i have to upload please specify ,7 Folders are there

Hi there,

To install Enfold either download the installable WordPress file of the ZIP in the All files and documentation file.

download themeforest

Please make sure you read all steps in the documentation carefully. For support queries on the theme you can contact the theme author here.

Goodluck.

Note: This is a very old thread. Best is to create a new thread for a new question.