Cannot upload theme on wordpress

Hi everyone

Sorry I am hitting a wall with my problem, I tired everything I can to upload the theme “Yoga Studio” created by AncoraThemes. The developer will not respond my my queries for another 3 days, so I am seeing if there is a straight-forward answer to my little complicated issue.

I tired to install the theme onto wordpress, through different ways, using the wordpress function and ftp on Dreamweaver.

I followed all instructions http://yogastudio.ancorathemes.com/doc/ and but the followings happened:

Wordpress:

I followed the instruction and extracted the yogastudio theme, uploaded through Appearance>theme> add theme.

Message returned and said: “Are you sure you want to do this?” Please try again" message.

ftp

I read the forum and other guides that I can also upload it via ftp, so I made sure the files were extracted before I uploaded the whole theme folder.

So, I extracted the yogastudio zip and placed it under wp-content/themes it in my local directory, and uploaded it via Dreamweaver.

Once it was completed, I went back onto wordpress appearance/ theme, when i tried to activate it, it crashed the entire site. I have also reinstall wordpress and tried it again, but I selected preview instead. The error message read as:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/can47958/public_html/wp-content/themes/yogastudio/fw/core/core.shortcodes/shortcodes_settings.php on line 164

So I think there is something wrong with the shortcode with the original files that was provided by AncoraThemes? Or if I am doing completely silly?

It would be greatly appreciated if you can shed some light.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Try to download and install the “Installable WordPress file only”
Upload this .zip via your admin / Appearance / Themes

If this still won’t help, then I am afraid you will have to wait for a response from the author.

Hi LSVRthemes

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that is exactly what I have downloaded and uploaded… I lost count on how many times I’ve done it now. I spent the past 12 hours doing this simple task and want to make sure I’m doing the right thing. But none of that worked.

If anyone else has other solutions or thoughts, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Andrew

“Are you sure you want to do this” is a hosting issue not a theme or WordPress one. Normally you can just choose an option to continue?

The FTP route - have you tried using FileZilla? Dreamweaver does not sound like the right way to do this.

FileZilla will give you the full installation (might be abides emit start a fresh) so you should just need to UNZIP the theme folder and drop it in the themes folder there

Hi Charlie

No, it replied something along the line of “Try it again”.

Let me try to use FileZilla and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Andrew

Argh, i tried to use FileZilla and it couldnt connect to the server (I tried different settings and disabled timeout) but I still getting the timeout message: “The data connection could not be established: ETIMEDOUT - Connection attempt timed out”.

It is connected in Dreamweaver but not FileZilla! I am not having any luck with the technology!

I’d strongly advise persevering with FTP and filezilla.

Maybe speak to your hosting company?

Thanks Charlie. I am downloading another ftp uploader and see how it goes.

It’s 2:11am here so I might have to wait until tomorrow if they have staff on a Sunday.

okay, i uploaded the theme onto the server again under the right location and still returns the error message of

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/can47958/public_html/wp-content/themes/yogastudio/fw/core/core.shortcodes/shortcodes_settings.php on line 164

I am curious about what the core shortcodes are and why it is stuffing up the installation.

Hi RailGallery.

I suspect that this line calls callback function and that your PHP version is outdated on the server.

Regards.

That would make sense. Given the issues you have had it does sound more like a hosting issue.

The author states they will reply in around 1 business day (this almost certainly excludes weekends) and they are your best option to help