Cannot select newest items? is it on purpose?

I hope this is not AB testing from them if so it would be very terrible testing. You rarely search for themes with this, try to search few keywords and you got the same results from popular items.

I have displayed in search new tracks, but I enter the name of the track, and outputs the results by category, with different names of tracks. With the search for what is the problem, let’s hope that programmers fix them))

Any AB testing out there with logged in / not-logged in users?
Hope our newest items are not white rat !!! Glod blesses our new babies! :slight_smile:

I tested on few devices and look like AB testing from Envato which is terrible.

• Access on desktop NOT login - sort by newest/best match works.
  • Access on desktop logged in - sort by best seller is default, sort by newest/best match not works.
  • Access on mobile logged in - sort by trending is default, sort by newest/best match not works.
  • Access on mobile desktop NOT login - sort by best seller is default, sort by newest/best match not works.
5 Likes

But still on the AJ just recently, I introduced name of a track in search and appeared first new tracks, but now in all categories there appear tracks with the best sales. And how now sell the new tracks?

If this is on purpose, I really want to get more informations from Envato staff about this decision.

Because if you are a customer who looking for niche theme ex. hotel. You search for hotel and the top results are all multi purpose themes. This even make selling niche theme is unreasonable.

If Envato decide to keep this change, it might change authors’s plan for new niche themes a lot. I mean this isn’t quite attracted to upload new themes on Envato compare to other small marketplace.

Also for new authors who submitted new themes. It’s almost impossible to get market share without their own marketing strategy.

3 Likes

They’re doing this because they’re getting flooded by low quality themes and templates. Just look at the HTML section, for example. Most of the templates don’t have a single sale. So this is their solution. You shouldn’t have lowered your standards in the first place. If this stays for good, it’s completely unfair to small authors and is going to make TF an exclusive club.

Please someone tell me it’s only a bug :frowning:

1 Like

Whenever I try to search in different categories - and choose search by newest items, the sort by: trending items option remains stuck. If I choose sort by: best seller or price it works fine. In other words, the search by newest items doesn’t work for me. Anyone else encountered this situation?

I have found this too.

AFTEREFFECTS - Sort by Newest items doesn’t work!

Same here. Very sad :frowning:

i cant seem to select it, i dont know if its bcz my browser or not

Same here!! I’ve been watching some problems. My sales also stopped abruptly. 3 days without sales, this never happened before.:pill:

Hi,

That’s not all. It seems that the search is behaving the same. Normally if you search it will look for the “best match”. Now it jumps to “best sellers” and you’re not even able to select “best match”.

This really needs a fix.

Hi there,
today, when i look in a category (folk, corporate…) i can t see the newest items, the best sellers are first ,even when you sort by newest item!! it is a big lose of views for new tracks ! is somebody fixing it?
thanks envato team!

Same problem here , waiting for the fix

just…

Hope they will fix it soon. It’s the middle of the week and sales are really slow (probably due to this bug).

1 Like

I am sure its a bug

1 Like