Cannot activate recently bought plugin

So I bought Product Price by Formula Pro for WooCommerce by ProWCPlugins and I am unable to activate it. I get the message Error! Your key is activated with another account. Except it is absolutely not.I only bought one license and I only (tried) to use it on one domain www.orinoco.ro as soon as possible (after all that is why I bought in the first place, because this site is way overdue and I wanted to set it up as soon as possible). I downloaded the PDF with what I suppose is the key and entered it in the field. The email field was autocompleted with the Wordpress admin password and aside from the key, the other field I had to fill in was the source of purchase which I obviously set up as Envato.

Contact the item author for the support and activation issues:

I already did. I got a response from them asking for Wordpress admin access and FTP access. Not very confident about providing so much access but what can I do… As for ensuring it has not been used elsewhere: I am the only user and I haven’t shared it with anybody. I also tried to install it right away after the purchase. What happens if they don’t solve it?

Technically, it’s your responsibility to get the item activated before using it and if it’s been activated on another domain, meaning that either someone used the purchase code or you may have been hacked. You probably need to solve the issue with the author.

“Technically”. The “activation” happens upon installation. Or rather once you enable the plugin in wordpress (set it to active, so we don’t get confused) you have to insert the purchase code (which I did). and the email address I suppose it then sends the data for validation to the developer’s server.

"And if it’s been activated on another domain, meaning that either someone used the purchase code or you may have been hacked. " How on earth would I check if it’s been activated on another domain? Send mass emails to every site out there? Second of all I feel like you’re not listening. I did not share the plugin with anyone, so there is no one else to activate it. As for being hacked there is nothing to support that claim. Why would it have to be my fault and not some issue with the plugin’s license check system?

I contacted the author via their contact form on their site. Was that the wrong way to do it?

I’m having the similar issue with one of my buyers currently and it’s the WordPress (server) configuration is causing the issue as it’s not responding the message from the API server to finish the activation - if this is the only activation by you and one website. You will have to share the WP-Admin login details for the custom/manual activation, there’s no other way except if you could find and fix the server related issue.

Only the item author could help you with this situation.

It’s good choice but you should post the comments on the item page as well.

"
if this is the only activation by you and one website. You will have to share the WP-Admin login details for the custom/manual activation, there’s no other way except if you could find and fix the server related issue.
find and fix the server related issue. "

So what happens if I need to reinstall or revert to a previous database backup? Right now my site is going through testing, this plugin was about the last piece of the puzzle, but once I’ve confirmed it works with the payment processor and invoice plugin I want to revert to a database backup. Especially since I would never be able to trust my site after providing FPT AND admin access to a stranger, even temporarily.
Besides the problem is that after the initial reply I have not received any confirmation that they received my second message which provided the requested data and there has been no attempt to login to the Wordpress admin by the plugin author.

You will need to find a way to activate the plugin on your own or share the login details. If you’re looking for another solution, talk/discuss with the item author.