Can you Please tell me What are the mistakes in my card

download file here : brown business card template.zip - Google Drive

Your card is nowhere near standards. Looks like you placed a bunch of elements without any logic. Ask yourself first in what industry / business this card can be used? Chose a business type and then create accordingly. Working without any concept ends up in rejection.

Thanks, Buddy

hi as for me i see a whole lot of very legitimate reasons for the card to be rejected indeed … let’s get started
1- disconnection
if u ask me this is just impossible to understand how u have drifted from the a-side to the b-side … there is close to no connection at all between both sides, no matter what we are considering …
2- lack of concept
if u ask me, i definitely cannot tell u what is the concept behind this card and to further comment about it , this is also very hard to get to figure out who this card is supposed to be addressed , who is the targeted audience and so on … all this is a mystery … as a reminder, over the years, the marketplace has changed dramatically this is not 2009 anymore and creating lookalike generic cards is more likely a guaranty that the card will be “buried alive” rather than meeting a large audience of buyers … nowadays this is out of “hitting” a niche that the item is successful …
3- global style
i am sorry to say just this but honestly i see close to no graphic design at all here … i highly recommend that u push the envelope graphic design wise so that u can possibly bring something potentially interesting for a buyer to buy and feel like they like have extra value out of buying … see next point
4- low commercial potential
this is of course linked to point 3 but not only … to point 2 as well but the fact of the matter is in the wider picture, the item will not make people feel like that they will save significant time or offer something that is way beyond their personal skills, so, in other words, why would they buy the item? they would rather save money and redo on their own , they would thus , necessarily do everything a bit more according to their personal tastes in the process …
5- eyes and reading process
this looks rather obvious that u have no real idea of how eyes are sweeping across any document (this is what i usually call z-shape reading process). This process not only determines how text and logo can replaced efficiently and also determines the impact zone where supposedly outstanding elements should be placed so that they get the right exposure … to tell u more abut this , eyes “travel” from top left corner to top right corner, go in a slanted way to bottom left corner to finally end up in the bottom right corner. Though there is a focus point on the very center of the canvas, i guess u can thus, identify that there is a big collection of mispositioned elements here …
6- contrast
in some part of the card u are very close from violating the contrast basic design principle … the text being too close from the background colors, thus becomes hard to read and definitely is not popping out as expected …
7- global organization
i started to evoke this point with the z-shape reading process , now, this is not all … the fact of the matter is that u have a very misbalanced organization of elements of the canvas, with some areas being overly crammed and some other being way entire indeed , not to mention that u have shapes in the back and it looks like that none of the elements that u placed on top of them is “adapting” to them …
8- typo
typo this far is globally flat and rather tasteless … u have to introduce more variations, font combinations and touches of originality so that u can ultimately generate some relief …
9- hierarchy of information
all is far from being logical at the moment, in the dark side for instance, the tagline is being bigger than anything else including the name and function of the card holder, which makes very little sense to say the least …
10 - readability
this has been dealt with slightly with contrast issues, but i would like to add as well that putting some text on top of a “complex background” in other words crossing a shape doe not make to to make it visible, readable and oustanding …

Thank you so much

u are welcome, pls check the solution box :slight_smile: