Can you make a living on VideoHive?

Creattive said

Not sure if you are referring to me here, cause I don’t always leave a thank you for comments on my items. But when there are only the “usual suspects”, who are commenting every project in the hive, I don’t feel like giving a thank you as that would be as nonsense as their “great project”, probably without watching the preview.

Just my opinion. There are great people in this community but not all that shines is gold.

Oh Man, No, No, No, I’m in no way referring to you my friend! No one specific. Just an observation throughout my time here. Just in general.

bluefinger said

I agree with you. I quit my full time job last month. I am full time videohive at the moment.

you are pretty brave

I agree with you. I quit my full time job last month. I am full time videohive at the moment.

LOL what just happened

How didgi quoted bluefinger before he said anything…didgi can you see the future? :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KVQ0hnYjrkU/UU0b5rOvIEI/AAAAAAAAFGA/lF6YH6S6CCU/s1600/the-twilight-zone.jpg!

Creattive said

Not sure if you are referring to me here, cause I don’t always leave a thank you for comments on my items. But when there are only the “usual suspects”, who are commenting every project in the hive, I don’t feel like giving a thank you as that would be as nonsense as their “great project”, probably without watching the preview.

Just my opinion. There are great people in this community but not all that shines is gold.

Since when to comment every item become something bad ?
There is a limit in commenting ?
If I comment a lot there is the possibility to be a" usual suspect" and this doesn’t deserve your respect

And… what exactly I am “suspect” for? … for saying good words for your work ?

Creative… remember that few weeks ago you earn a superstar budge… don’t spoil it now.

Can you make a living on VideoHive?

Yes of course this helps for my living expenses. Actually thanks VH!!!

realthing said
Creattive said

If I comment a lot there is the possibility to be a" usual suspect" and this doesn’t deserve your respect

Creative… remember that few weeks ago you earn a superstar budge… don’t spoil it now.

I wasn’t talking about you realthing, I appreciate your comments. but it is clear that many authors just comment on every item because they think that makes them more seen by buyers. And they are always writing the same sentence.
I doubt they are even watching the preview.

PS: My forum superstar badge is gone since yesterday so I can be a badass again :stuck_out_tongue:

edit/ you may as well recognized that many audiojungle authors are following you as well as a thousand other videohive authors. why do you think they do that?

dorde said

!http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KVQ0hnYjrkU/UU0b5rOvIEI/AAAAAAAAFGA/lF6YH6S6CCU/s1600/the-twilight-zone.jpg!

:slight_smile:

Creattive said

PS: My forum superstar badge is gone since yesterday so I can be a badass again :stuck_out_tongue:

Only for the Badge??

On Topic: I want to live on VH. But I need more and more skills to be a full time videohiver.

GhosTeam said

LOL what just happened

How didgi quoted bluefinger before he said anything…didgi can you see the future? :stuck_out_tongue: :open_mouth:

OMG i have hidden skills lol :)
didgi said
GhosTeam said

LOL what just happened

OMG i have hidden skills lol :)

Teach me Sensei!!!

Creattive said
realthing said
Creattive said

I wasn’t talking about you realthing, I appreciate your comments. but it is clear that many authors just comment on every item because they think that makes them more seen by buyers. And they are always writing the same sentence.
I doubt they are even watching the preview.

edit/ you may as well recognized that many audiojungle authors are following you as well as a thousand other videohive authors. why do you think they do that?

:slight_smile:
In the start … I was wondering also me… and I have once a small issue.
After more mature thought… I change my mind, and now I think that actually what make great this place is also the support that we give to each other by commenting and by becoming friends.
An audio jungle author has the right to try to promote his work, like I have the right to do the same At the end… doesn’t make me bad if I have a lot of audio jungle follower… actually I become friends with some of them and also I found some really talented people because of that.
Anyway don’t misunderstand me… it is just not right to make the mistake that maybe I did ones… like a Senior try to protect you.
No hard feeling :slight_smile:

I totally agree with you, what this place makes great is the interaction with other authors and the whole community part.
I have found some really great people here and it is always nice to read some nice comments. WilQ5 for example leaves always very detailed comments I really appreciate and it is great to see that he is taking the time for that.

On the other side, I myself just comment on the templates I really like and that are outstanding in my opinion. By this, I make sure that my words stay believable and people will appreciate a comment from me much more, because it is harder to get a comment from me.

That doesn’t mean the other projects are bad in my opinion, cause the reviewers already take care that only good projects are on the site.
But projects that stand out from even this great pool of projects, really deserve a comment in my opinion

1 Like

Of course much more)) i really glad what i found this stock!

Just reigniting this thread as I’m about to become an author. Just wondering sales have got worse in the last two years. Is videohive now saturated with authors? I live London and was just looking to make additional money to supplement my full time job.

djlewi said

Just reigniting this thread as I’m about to become an author. Just wondering sales have got worse in the last two years. Is videohive now saturated with authors? I live London and was just looking to make additional money to supplement my full time job.

Sales are still good if you make useful projects, make sure your templates are generic and useful enough that attract wide audiences and purposes and you can still generate a steady income from Videohive.

It really surprises me since the amount of authors really exploded past couple of years :slight_smile:

Hey there, I just got put onto video hive and have been editing videos with adobe and after effects for a least 4 years now… I almost cant believe something like this exists but then again being someone who makes videos i can see it. Its a great platform and if you have any tips or advice on how I can get started id really appreciate it!

Old Topic