Can you make a living on VideoHive?

Yeah guys,

i was thinking of leaving my current job and commit myself completely to VideoHive.
You know…give myself a flexible working hours and kick it. :nerdy:
I think if you would commit yourself and work 7-8 hours a day 5-6 days a week you could make it.

The best thing is, the more you work the more you earn. :slight_smile:

I want to know what you think about these thoughts of mine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did this 6 months ago - I am full time videohiver at the moment. Works good for me. You need to double the discipline though… I guess this is the hardest part.

2 Likes

I alslo quit my job 10 months ago. Still not full time on VideoHive though, but I can say it works for me at the time. Like Inlife stated, you need to double the discipline to make some result :slight_smile:

Don’t leave your job just yet :slight_smile: . Build yourself up here first. In order to make a living you’ll need at least 200 - 250 sales a month. At the moment it is around 10 authors who are pass this limit. And these are really talented authors like InlifeThrill. I’d keep a part-time job on the side. You never know, anything can happened. I mean, if for some reason videohive goes down (let’s pray it doesn’t) then you’d be out of a job alltogether.

So my advice is get yourself to a position where you are making at least 200 sales a month, and then maybe look into leaving your job :slight_smile:

Don't leave your job just yet :) . Build yourself up here first. In order to make a living you'll need at least 200 - 250 sales a month. At the moment it is around 10 authors who are pass this limit. And these are really talented authors like InlifeThrill. I'd keep a part-time job on the side. You never know, anything can happened. I mean, if for some reason videohive goes down (let's pray it doesn't) then you'd be out of a job alltogether.

So my advice is get yourself to a position where you are making at least 200 sales a month, and then maybe look into leaving your job :slight_smile:

I would listen to him.

I did this 6 months ago - I am full time videohiver at the moment. Works good for me. You need to double the discipline though.. I guess this is the hardest part.

Nice conclusion, i agree with you, since i am new here i hope the effort will pay off.

@Cubeten i quit my full time job last month

Don't leave your job just yet :) . Build yourself up here first. In order to make a living you'll need at least 200 - 250 sales a month. At the moment it is around 10 authors who are pass this limit. And these are really talented authors like InlifeThrill. I'd keep a part-time job on the side. You never know, anything can happened. I mean, if for some reason videohive goes down (let's pray it doesn't) then you'd be out of a job alltogether.

it really depends where are you from, how much you earn in your current job and what is the absolute minimum to survive a month (place to live, utilities, other bills, food) Because you can newer know how it goes in VH. there are good months and there are slow ones. However one of the main things is to keep producing new, high quality files that reminds of you, keeps you in the first page. preferably one file every week. It’s always wise to save up some money before quitting your job. If something goes wrong with sales here - you can survive on your savings.

I have 120sales a month on average and that’s enough to live quite wealthy life here. What I did was- i moved away from the capital in to country side where everything is much cheaper. Since I can work from any place with an internet connection - this was a good way how to save a lot of money. If i were you I would wait for few month to see how the VH income stabilizes and then decide whether it’s enough for you.

You’re right here in Bosnia maximum salary is $ 500 per month but it is 8-12 hours a day. I am leaving my job for one reason,Videohive offer me what my country will never, financial independence and a lot of free time, of course, if you do nothing logical that you will not win anything:) In addition, less stress, I have time to spend with my family (I was not while I worked the whole day) and at the end of the day as “the icing on the cake” is always something to sell. Is not this fantastic? Again I agree with that to the countries that have significantly increased the standard of living that does not need to leave work. For me personally, I could work a lifetime for VH market, easily satisfied, and I love the job I do.

All great posts here and i agree with all of you. On my full time job here i earn around 250 euros per month working 7 hours a day, 6 days a week. I know it sounds funny for you guys from higher standard countries but thats the standard here and i thing i could achieve the same pay on VideoHive.

And the best thing is,… you do what you love to do and you are your own boss.

All great posts here and i agree with all of you. On my full time job here i earn around 250 euros per month working 7 hours a day, 6 days a week. I know it sounds funny for you guys from higher standard countries but thats the standard here and i thing i could achieve the same pay on VideoHive.

And the best thing is,… you do what you love to do and you are your own boss.

Where are you come from cubeten?
I don’t see flag :slight_smile:

Same here, average salary in Bulgaria is about 300$ or less…

Same here, average salary in Bulgaria is about 300$ or less..

Balcan :slight_smile:

Where are you come from cubeten? I don't see flag :)

Same as you man :slight_smile: Bosnia

Pa sto ne kazes :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Moram i ja tu zastavicu staviti da me prepoznaju zemljaci.

:slight_smile: Moram i ja tu zastavicu staviti da me prepoznaju zemljaci.

I just send you a message, check your inbox!

Maybe I should move to Bulgaria then :slight_smile: … InlifeThrill, if that’s average then you must be concidered a very wealthy man over there :wink:

Maybe I should move to Bulgaria then :slight_smile: … InlifeThrill, if that’s average then you must be concidered a very wealthy man over there :wink:

It is okey :slight_smile: Let’s put it that way …

Interesting thread…it demonstrates that it all depends on where you live. And digging a little bit deeper, it’s about the globalisation of the media industry.

I have lived and worked in London and Berlin (mainly London). You couldn’t survive on $500 a month in either of those cities. In London, you need minimum $750 a month just to cover your rent and only at around $30,000 a year can you start talking about a comfortable income. (probably equivalent to 500 sales per month on VH). Berlin is quite a lot cheaper, but still you wouldn’t get far on $500 a month.

On the downside, what you lose out on with a career producing stock is access to big budget or high-end jobs, contact with clients, working with and learning from a team of people with different skills / more experience than you, a reel and experience that might ultimately lead to art director / creative director position. Most employers and freelance clients will be looking closely at what you’ve worked on (and stock doesn’t really count).

On the plus-side, working on your own, from home, being your own boss, following your own creative path, your own timetable and not being so answerable to the vagaries of clients is a very desirable thing. There’s a great community here and the speculative nature of Videohive is a great buzz too if you’re in to that kind of thing.

I would also consider one more thing before diving in as a full time Videohiver. That is that in 1 year, the number of project files has leapt from around 200 to around 1500. I don’t perceive that the client base has moved as quickly. It is becoming noticeably harder to make a mark here. My point is that the landscape is changing extremely rapidly… and not just for VH, but for stock and the media world in general. We see things today that would have been unthinkable just a few short years ago… and more unthinkable is just round the corner.

-f.

1 Like

felt_tips, in your opinion, what do you think is the future of VideoHive. I am talking from the authors perspective. With so many projects being uploaded at such a fast rate, do you think it will become easier or more harder to make money here?

felt_tips, in your opinion, what do you think is the future of VideoHive. I am talking from the authors perspective. With so many projects being uploaded at such a fast rate, do you think it will become easier or more harder to make money here?

In my opinion it will be way harder to expose yourself more to the masses. You have to focus more. Get it? (Mass Focus)? :stuck_out_tongue:

No but seriously, original and big project files will be more rewarded in the end i think since for most of the big buyers here, you are selling TIME. All our templates are mostly time savers for many. So until time is not money :nerdy:, time savers will always sell in my opinion, until the end of time.

But then again like Felt mentioned; Stock is changing so anything is possible.