Can we request for refund if the software have security issue?

hi, i recently purchased item from CodeCanyon : Ionic React Woocommerce - Universal Full Mobile App Solution for iOS & Android / Wordpress Plugins
(https://codecanyon.net/item/ionic-react-woocommerce-universal-full-mobile-app-solution-for-ios-android-wordpress-plugins/27863587) . It’s very struggling working on the installation eventhough I followed the documents that comes with the download file. The support also slow in responding my tickets. After few weeks struggling my own, I came across the WP plugin called json-api that had been closed due to security reason. WP JSON-API plugin. This plugin comes with the item and is required in order to use the item I purchased. In this case, can I request for refund from CodeCanyon? Because the item require plugin that is closed due to security issue and no longer supported.

Hi,

I strongly recommend please at first contact your purchased item author to get support from them to get your concern solution. I believe author will assist you to fix any issue.

How to contact an author to get support or for any technical query:

If you are eligible to get a refund then you can request for refund. Can I Get A Refund is an explanation of the refund policy, requirements, process and a button linking to the refund request form (below the How to request a refund).

Thanks