can i use the customizer for my plugin settings?

i just wanted to know that can i use the customizer for my plugin settings or should i add a menu page in admin dashboard? i know its Theme Customization API but using option instead of theme_mod that value can persist so if i use customizer for plugin settings would i be breaking any themeforest requirements ? its encouraged to use customizer in theme requirements by themeforest but i still wanna confirm it for plugins

It is up to you. If you think using Settings page will be better for your plugins, use settings page. Generally, visual frontend stuff should be editable via Customizer, but it is not set in stone. Do it in a way you think is the best. You can use both, each for the appropriate stuff.

1 Like

I think it’s better to set plugin settings in your plugin settings page. as we know customizer usually use for frontend visualization settings. Also if you place plugin settings in your plugin settings page then it will be easy to find for users and can handle only your plugin settings from there.

1 Like

my plugin is a social media plugin it will have settings based on what type of layout user chooses for the icons i.e sticky sidebar or row based layout the colouring of icons and the hover effects etc but ofcourse it will also take inputs of the admin social media profiles to which these icons will point to. i prefer the customizer as a fair bit of styling is involved in the settings but still i would love an expert opinion.

Yes you can use customizer in your plugin setting

1 Like

i went with the plugin setting page as its mostly where user would expect all of these settings but there is nothing wrong with using the customizer as @LSVRthemes said do it in a way you think is the best

You should create a plugin settings page. You can use Redux if you don’t know how to do it.

1 Like