Can I use other editor?

Hi,

I am now using Ronneby theme on my website. That theme has WPBakery installed. I do not like that editor so can I instead use Elementor editor?
If I start using Elementor - can that create problems on my website?

Thank you

Hi

For any technical query about theme functionality the best choice will be contact theme Author and let them know How to Contact your purchased theme Author, theme author will be happy to answer your query.

Thanks

I did ask author.
She does not know

if your purchased theme is compatible with Elementor then the theme will work fine. otherwise there is possibility Elementor will not work as expected. so, you can ask about compatibility.

Her response was ‘Haven’t tested either but as we know it’s free so you can try it on your site.’

The theme came with WPBakey which is an editor I do not like so I want to know if I will create problems on my website if I install and start using Elementor instead.
Am hoping someone might have the answer to my question.

Considering that the author doesn’t even know, then you probably won’t find anyone that does, since any issue you may face could be theme specific. Sounds like the best you can do is try it for yourself.

1 Like

Even if there’s no conflict - if the theme’s core elements and the pages/content which you have used to date are built using WPBakery, then editing with Elementor will not work properly if at all.

It might be possible to install elementor and use it to build other new pages but as @XioxGraphix said your best option is to back up the site and try

Thank you for your input.