Can I use illustrator for Bussiness Card?

I’m a newbie on envato and i have a lot of experience in using illustrator than photoshop is that ok to make bussiness card and cv/resum in illustrator and then export to psd file.
Did Envato approved it.

hi as for i know this is ok to use illustrator, photoshop or indesign, however the best maybe to do all in the same main file … lol :slight_smile:

Hi!

Adobe Illustrator’s PSD exporting functionality was never stellar, but it was fine for a while, until CC 2014 came along. This version flattened any and all layers upon export, no matter what export settings were set.

Illustrator and Photoshop are fundamentally different in that Illustrator is mostly vector based whereas Photoshop is mostly pixel based. On the other hand, both programs share things such as scalable text, layers, color profiles, and resolution specification.

You can export your Illustrator file to a PSD. This will maintain what can be maintained. That won’t include everything, but text and shapes can be exported as text and shapes.

It helps if you avoid all transparency and blend modes in Illustrator. If you do have transparency setting, including glows and shadows, some Illustrator artwork can be flattened upon the export to maintain the overall appearance. It is best to never add any shadows or glows or blending options within Illustrator before the export.

From the question, I’m assuming that you need to end up with a fully editable Photoshop file. In that case, even if you have Illustrator available, there are almost certain to be one or several elements in the original .ai file that you would have to recreate in Photoshop, but using Photoshop’s tools.

With that said, if you wish to get your template approved, I would suggest you recreate it in Photoshop rather than try to find a ‘magical trick’ that will directly convert your .AI file to a fully editable .PSD file.