Can I trial test a theme before I purchase it?

I recently purchased my first theme. I am a newbe. I was told by a designer I hired that the vertical pixels of the slider could be adjusted without a problem. Turns out, that wasn’t the case. I’d like to make sure the theme is going to work for me before I purchase. I hope there is a way to do that. I need a new theme by tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

Every theme / template of theme forest has live dome preview, i.e live site demonstrates the theme / template features. Also there could be several screenshots of the admin area and its special features. But you can’t download & install theme / template as trial before you purchase it.

Like premitheme said, almost all themes here have demos so you can see how they work live. However, you can’t install them on your own server first, as it’s a digital product without DRM.

As a buyer, unless you see a feature specifically stated or demonstrated in a product, you should generally assume it doesn’t exist. If you have doubts, you can always ask the author a pre-purchase question.

Of course, just about anything is possible if you have the proper expertise; but unless you have those skills, you have to assume that you’ll be able to create the layouts in the demo and no more. You can always hire a freelancer if you want to customize certain aspects of a theme beyond the theme’s included capabilities. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the insight. BTW - I did hire a free lancer. He chose the template for me based on what I told and showed him I wanted. He assured me that the size of slider and header is something he could easily modify for me. He did. But, then I could no longer get to my Admin panel of WP because of an error it was causing in a file. And he refused to take the time to fix it - he already has his money. I need something that I can easiliy work with on my own. Sizing of the slide show and header is important to me.

tbudde said

Thanks for the insight. BTW - I did hire a free lancer. He chose the template for me based on what I told and showed him I wanted. He assured me that the size of slider and header is something he could easily modify for me. He did. But, then I could no longer get to my Admin panel of WP because of an error it was causing in a file. And he refused to take the time to fix it - he already has his money. I need something that I can easiliy work with on my own. Sizing of the slide show and header is important to me.

that kind of explains things a bit more… you Hired some one to modify something for you… the theme/template may work exactly how you want but after the modifications its broken(which means themeforest/the author of the template has nothing to do with it) it mean the person that you paid to do a job didn’t do the job… its sucks but maybe you can make light of the situation by posting what error your getting here and someone could possibly help you

OrganicBeeMedia said

that kind of explains things a bit more… you Hired some one to modify something for you… the theme/template may work exactly how you want but after the modifications its broken(which means themeforest/the author of the template has nothing to do with it) it mean the person that you paid to do a job didn’t do the job… its sucks but maybe you can make light of the situation by posting what error your getting here and someone could possibly help you

+1