Can I supply the original music file to a Client?

Hi,

I have created a short video piece using a music track from Audio Jungle. The Client is now asking for the source files. In the T&C’s it states:

You can create one End Product for a client, and you can transfer that single End Product to your client. This license is then transferred to your client.

Does this mean I am safe to supply to original music file untouched? Or does the T&C only apply to the final end product, the mp4 video and not the source files?

Thanks, Chris

No you can’t without the original author’s permission - with that it would be ok but you need it first

Hello Chris,

Interesting question… and a bit tricky.

Technically, it says you can transfer the end product, the license to use the bought item, within the end product, is then transferred to your client. So technically, you can’t provide the source file. It could be considered redistribution to do so.

However, it could be argued that you bought the music on behalf of your client. You then would have provided it to your client so that the video be made (by you, working for your client). In which case, there is no issue in providing the music to your client.

It’s a matter of point of view, and mental construction of the workflow.

You’ll only get opinions on the forums though, only support has authority on such matters.