Can I reuse music from Audiojungle for multiple youtube videos within one channel?

I have a youtube channel and I want to buy a music logo from Audiojungle. No matter what type of license i choose, it says “You are licensed to use the Item in the following way (Allowed Use), in a single application (a single product or project)”.

So, my question is what does the word “Single application (a single product or project)” mean? One video? One youtube channel? one brand?

I the answer is - One video, then it does not make sense to buy music logos from Audiojungle, as it people usually need them to reuse for all videos on their youtube channel.

So, what is the correct answer and the best solution? Could anyone help me please?

2 Likes

Hey there @khorspam

That is a good question! Check out this section of the licence FAQ’s.

In this instance, the end product would be classified as the video series.

What constitutes a series you say? Well:

What constitutes a series (eg TV series, webisodes, or a magazine with monthly editions)?
To be considered a series, all things in the series (eg episode, edition) must be connected, and be released within 1 year of the first installment. There is also a maximum of 52 episodes or editions within the series.

2 Likes

Thank you Matthew!

1 Like

giphy (62)

@matthewcoxy
@khorspam

I get "Use in one end product, free or commercial. Most web uses. 10,000 copy limit for a downloaded or physical end product. No broadcast use. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee."as description for the Musical Standard Licence.

• Q1: So, does [One End Product] is same as [Single Application]?

Btw, I’m welling to use in YouTube channel as Mr. Khorspam!

Moreover, I found that in the link you humbly shared:
“A YouTube series that releases an episode every week (52 total) would only need to purchase a license once every year. A magazine that releases an edition every other month would need to purchase a license once every year.”

• Q2: Does that mean that if my channel reaches for example 104 episodes, I have to buy 2 licences that year. But, do I have to buy the licences again next year for the same 104 episodes???
1 Like

BUMPING this up since it’s still very relevant.

I wish to buy a song to put in the last 30 seconds as outro for my channel, how does the licensing work in this case? Do I have to buy a new license every 52 videos?

Only if your videos are episodes of a same series. If not, you’d have to get a new license for each video.

In the specific case that your outro is always strictly the same with absolutely no modification whatsoever (same image, same text, same audio), as in you rendered it just once and then put it as is at the end your videos, then the outro could be considered the end product, which you could then use in any number of videos. But even the slightest change to that outro (voice over, episode title, whatever) would void this policy.

1 Like

Hey purplefog, thanks for the insight.

So let’s say the song starts 21 seconds before the official outro and outro stays the same.
The format of the outro would be fixed and not modified.
The 21 seconds before the outro will always have a different footage (let’s say last 21 seconds of gameplay), do you know by any chance if that could be tollerated?

Thanks already for your great anwser!

I’m afraid it wouldn’t. As you would have to reuse the music to edit each new video, the videos would be considered different end products, and thus would require a new license every time (unless they are part of a same series).

1 Like

Thanks man, I really appreciate the time you dedicated on clearing my doubts!
Much appreciated!

1 Like

I have a similar conundrum. I bought a few tracks years ago with a “Music Standard License” and tried to keep them limited to series ON my YouTube channel and within a year. I don’t produce many videos so max 52 doesn’t really apply.

However, could we not just ease these restrictions by bumping up the license to, say, a “Music Broadcast License” and just reuse a particular for a bunch of videos over many years? What license would be best and how many videos/years can we use them? None of the other licenses mention YouTube.

I would really just like to use these awesome tracks without worrying too much about permitted use, but also not spend more money than I really need to…

1 Like

All licenses allow use on YouTube, but aside from the series rule, none of them allow use in multiple end products.

Hey, I am running a series of 100 videos connected together which all will be launched within one year. So, do I have to purchase the two licenses for all my hundred video series?

Also, these are not required every year. Right?

Can anyone please help with it?

What if I didn’t reach 52 videos a year and I have only uploaded 30 video. it’s ok to use the license until I have reached 52 videos even the duration is more than 1 year? Please reply.

The series policy allows for 52 episodes within a year. More than 52 episodes: requires a new license. More than a year: requires a new license.