Can i create wordpress theme for sell with Underscores?

I want to create wordpress theme for sell with undersocers.

Is that possible?

Why not ?
Extract from GPL2 License

1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program’s source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.

You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.

Even so,
Considering that your theme will become much better than underscors, nobody will notice and know that is built with underscores. Just keep that information for you and you’re good to go.

Good luck !

So u say that nobody will notice and know that is built with underscores, and that theme would be original and valid for sell on themeforest?

Thanks buddy, this is very useful information for me

It’s gonna be a different product. But keep in mind that there are some better starter themes, which often come with built-in framework. I personally started with Unyson framework and its starter theme. Was a good experience, but final product was a bit heavy and slow… but it was my fault, because 've added 50+ shortcodes with lot of options.

There are many other developers using _s on ThemeForest

That is perfect. I see many of wp developers using some framework to build a wp theme. I will definitely try to make and sell my first wp theme on themeforest.

Thanks for the great information.

Good luck ! Make a good product ! :wink:

We’re using it too, and sure it’s accepted :wink: