Can I cancel subscription to Envato Elements Subscription

Hi. I’m trying to subscribe to the Envato Elements Subscription and I only intend to use it for the first month only, for a start; so I’m choosing the monthly plan. Is it possible I can cancel subscription after the first month or unlink my card/paypal

Yes you can select a monthly subscription and cancel after a month. But we hope you can stay longer :grin:

2 Likes

Why do you intend to use it for just one month? Is it so you can get as many files as possible for just $33? Or is there a valid reason for using this service for just a month?

It seems to me that this behavior is exactly what many authors were afraid Elements would generate.

2 Likes

Have you not considered that some people might not like it after using it, might not use it enough to justify the subscription, want to see if the lack of support will be an issue over that one month period or not, or they have a project where the subscription would be beneficial for a month, but maybe not for a year. They’re just the first ones I could think of… there’s many reasons why somebody might only want to subscribe for a month to start off.

Don’t let your mistrust and dislike of Elements cloud you to thinking that everyone is planning to sit in front of their computer for 24 hours a day, downloading 680,000 items!

1 Like

“Mistrust”, “dislike”, now what would make you say that?

Fair enough. It was the determined intention of cancelling after one month, that intrigued me, as it didn’t seem to be about trying it out. But you’re right, there could be many valid reasons for getting a single month subscription.

1 Like

I tried to cancel my subscription but cant find the option

How do I cancel?

Hello!

Please open an Elements Help Ticket. They will be happy to look into it for you.

Thanks!

1 Like

What happens to downloaded items license? Will it stay valid for wherever it is used? is there a license renewal time or anything?
Suppose i download a WordPress template and use it on a website, and for some reason i cancel the subscription. Will that template used be valid forever?

It is valid for future use but you must be subscribed when the project is completed i.e. you can’t stockpile downloads for future use post subscription

1 Like

Can you explain more? How is it decided that project is completed? What is done here to avoid stockpile?
Reason im asking is i dont have much project going on every month. i do 1 project every 2/3 months. Im trying to make sense of what can i do so it benefits me the most. As i would want to download and keep a few things for future use.

That is exactly what you cannot do

If you are building a website for a client then you need to be actively subscribed throughout the project and at the time that it finishes and you hand it over to the client.

Given you can only ever work on one project at a time - if you are doing client work then themeforest makes more sense esp. as you get no updates or support with elements themes

Is there any article where there are all the details? Like
how many projects i can work in parallel ?
How to get support ?
How is it decided that project is finished?
there is no download limit, but you’ve told me i cannot download in advance, how many can i download and how is it decided that this is a fare usage?
Things like that?

It’s mostly covered here https://help.elements.envato.com/hc/en-us but to answer most of those:

how many projects i can work in parallel ?
As many as you can handle

How to get support ?
There is no support or updates for elements downloads as exists for regular purchases

How is it decided that project is finished?
Depends on the type of project

there is no download limit, but you’ve told me i cannot download in advance, how many can i download and how is it decided that this is a fare usage?
It’s based on fair usage but it’s pretty unlimited. The point is that you still need to complete projects when subscribed otherwise what’s the point in a subscription - people could just download everything and cancel after one month

Things like that?
I suggest that for specific queries you ask support

1 Like

Hi, I avail a monthly subscription of $16 and to my surprise I was charge for annual subscription. It was actually confusing, can I have a refund and pay for a monthly subscription instead? Thanks!

You need to not download anything and reach out to elements support. Envato Elements Help and Support

FYI $16 is only the equivalent when subscribing for the year. Standard 1 month at a time is closer to $35

1 Like

Thanks!