Can DC Offset be cause for rejection?

Hey everyone

I recently had a track hard rejected. I don’t think the musical standard was lower compared to my other tracks, and in my opinion, I’ve had far worse tracks be approved with fying colors.

I noticed however that the track has some phase issues, specfically, DC offset. It’s nothing audable, just purely visual upon loading the track into a daw, and as far as I know it only concerns one pad sound in my mix.

Can this alone be cause for rejection? Or did the reviewer just not like my track?

Cheers

Hi!

DC offset is not a phase issue, but rather a static component that should be get rid of to prevent speaker damage and even out the dynamic range to make the track easier to handle at mastering.
However, it’s pretty easy to fix that, so if this is the cause then it should have been a soft rejection I guess.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. I agree a hard rejection would have been a bit harsh, so I guess the reviewer didn’t approve of the music then. :neutral_face:

Cheers!

Hey,
Put a Utility device set on DC and a HPF 30HZ on the pad and resample it on a new audio line. :wink:

cheers!

1 Like