Can a theme be refunded?

If I add to the Doctreat theme which also has a lot of sales but I notice that lately I don’t respond much to comments.
If I buy their theme and then it doesn’t have the features I need, can I ask for a refund?
Thank you

not necessarily - you need to review the demo etc. before buying it as there has to be an actual issue with the theme for it to be refunded https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

I need this theme…

I have sent them emails for more than 20 days but they have never replied… I have also written various comments but they reply to few comments…

To understand how the theme is I have to buy it at this point …

If their support is like this even once I paid for the theme I would like to be able to request a refund.

No, you need to check if the theme is good enough for you. You cannot purchase the theme and “change your mind” then request refund

But I don’t want to ask for a refund because I changed my mind…
Their theme looks good to me but if they don’t provide support it becomes a bad theme…
Maybe once you pay, in their area for customers they answer…

What you’re purchasing is the source files, support is a plus. If you think there’s a chance that the support is not good, don’t count on support part then. If you wanna but the theme, make sure it’s good for you and ask questions before purchasing it.

Seems he’s not responding the email/request for the last 10+ days, they may be on a break as it’s mid-summer.

A company that has hundreds of themes sold shouldn’t go on vacation and disappear for days…
If they don’t get back to my emails and comments how do I know their files are good if I don’t test them?
Their demo doesn’t work well so I have to try it, I have no other alternatives to understand if the theme is vay or not.

It’s not a company, it’s personal ( author ) account.

It’s been tested by the quality team at Envato.

This is a template, what the author is promised as it seems on the demo/live site.
You may need some modifications and changes after purchase. It seems it’s not 100% perfect for you and if you’re looking for “out-of-box solution” as just purchase and install, it may not be possible.

With the purchase of a theme, you also purchase support…
Everything else is just chatter to increase the number of messages in the forum…

It’s up to you if you wanna purchase or not at this point.