Can a customer white list his channel from Identifyy if he has licenses from mutiple author tracks?

Hello my fellow authors,
I’m in the process of registering all my tracks to Identifyy and this is all new to me and I’m just trying to understand the protocols.

One customer asked me to white list his channel but I’m not sure how to do this. I’m using Identifyy (HAAWK) as Content ID and I have some questions.

Q1.Do I have to fill out the form for the customers or do they fill out the form themselves?
Link to the form is here: https://www.haawk.com/whitelist

I’ve noticed that you have two options:
Clear a video & white list a channel
So I’m thinking we both can fill this form as long as we have the info to do it (links to videos & audiojugle licenses)

Q2. Do they need to have purchased a minimum of three licenses from “me” to white list a channel, or a combined number of three tracks from multiple authors that are registers to the same aggregator (in my situation - Identifyy)?

Hope this makes sense & thanks in advance!
Allen

Hi Allen,

Regarding your first question, indeed both the author (with link to the vid) and buyer (with proper license) can use the clearing form.

As for your second question, I’ve never heard of such a minimum of 3 tracks to use the whitelisting option. Where did you get that from?
That said, there is no reason for you to whitelist a whole channel, one license is good for one video, not a whole channel. Whitelisting should only be used in specific cases, such as buyers invoking the series policy or if their end product is not a video but rather an intro (that’s always strictly the same, with no modification whatsoever) used in all their videos.

Hope it helps!

1 Like