Call for Collis Ta’eed, Envato founder:Please Separate Elements!!

+1

after 10 years of silence I’m back to making music and uploaded a song, and only now I realized the current state or mindset Envato has build up with those flatrate sites and their aggressive marketing on their own flagship marketplace… decreasing the value of the whole music library with this low-price flatrate, it’s a shame that they are pouring fuel into the fire and harm the marketplace in this way…

that’s how they will lose exclusive users or even lose them completely, and it seems like asking envato’s support for reacting to this post will only get you blocked, it’s sad to see what their constant development of new services has done to them. also not even a single response from any staff…

maybe I should look elsewhere too, where they actually apreciate and respect their content creators… and not steal sales with cheap subscriptions.

4 Likes

Banner is back sadly

1 Like

Having the banner back is Envato giving us the finger. How infuriating this is!

1 Like

How to confuse and mis-lead buyers - “Unlimited music, sound effect & ident downloads”. Surely a marketing department should have created a banner that read “A selection of music, sound effect & ident downloads”. Also really thought about prior to implementation of marketing strategies and placement.

1 Like

The banner have not been disabled has it?

I noticed the banner on my browser too this morning, even though I closed it before. So maybe they have “refreshed” the banner settings so all customers who closed it will see it again?

The ad in the shopping cart is gone, which is great, but not nearly enough.

1 Like

If I move mouse on the $16.5 button, I see the long link in my browser’s address field, which include «1MARCH2019» in it.

I wonder what could this mean.

But hey, I got this in my email, made me feel a lot better.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re planning a surprise for my birthday! Can’t wait :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, they do that periodically. A good reminder for those of us who had closed it and forgotten about it.

Can’t wait for the next “Hello you wonderful community member” type of newsletter…

5 Likes

Well, at least we finally got an answer from the crew: We don’t care, we never did. Abandon all hope. Period.

5 Likes

But we’re gonna send you nice emails telling you “it’s all about the authors.”

North Korea style.

5 Likes

It had never gone. It was always there.

1 Like

I wonder if it affects the other marketplaces aswell, because Elements also offers video, photo, graphic & web templates, which means only CodeCanyon and 3dOcean are not affected by it.

I feel like they are going to regret this, it’s a dumb service model and opens up the door wide for piracy, and those people are probably the ones laughing right now, because it’s in their favor.

4 Likes

+1

1 Like

it’s all about the buyer

2 Likes

Yea, and that’s fair enough. It would be good though if they stopped insulting our intelligence.

2 Likes

I think some market customers would disagree with you. At least those who don’t like transaction fees etc. I think it’s more about short term cash flow for Envato at the market, and long term cash flow in Elements.

3 Likes

+1

I’m pretty sure his post was meant to be sarcastic :stuck_out_tongue: