Call for Collis Ta’eed, Envato founder:Please Separate Elements!!

+1

1 Like

I don’t understand one thing… We were told in the other thread that only a very small and insignificant number of visitors choose to click on Elements banners. If this is really true, is it really worth keeping them and generating so much frustration and anger of authors and affiliates? You can really feel the tension and frustration in the Envato community over the past few months. It’s not fun at all anymore.

9 Likes

I think sharing statements and statistics will solve this problem. And an official announcement. Then everyone knows what’s going on.

3 Likes

I don’t need an announcement and stats, I really don’t care. I only want fair play and some basic respect / business ethics.

The fact that the banners are still here while “only insignificant number of visitors click there” just doesn’t sound right. Why would a company risk so much negativity around their brand to keep something that makes insignificant profit?

17 Likes

+1

2 Likes

I support the author +1

2 Likes

I support

2 Likes

I support

2 Likes

Still wait for Envato team answere…

8 Likes

I Support

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Would love if someone from Envato could relate to the banner issue.

3 Likes

+1

1 Like

+1

Even if we all agreed on something, they’ll find a way to turn it against us (meaning make us earn less, not kill our families, even it can be related at some time) and make themselves more profit, so please guys for once, settle with what we got, so that this thing can be f stable for at least a year. Thanks.

Hi @BenLeong @jamesgiroux

I just want to emphasise the exclusivity question many authors have asked already in this thread and other threads.

Except better commission, what are the benefits of being an exclusive author versus non exclusive under the current Elements advertising? This might be the most important question Envato needs to answer in my opinion.

I can’t be the only one who find it weird that Elements, which is non exclusive, is isolated and free from market advertising. Basically treated like an exclusive library.

Many have focused on how Elements authors is exploited in a one size fits all model. I don’t want to fire up that discussion here. At least as an Elements author this is your own choice and you can opt out at anytime.

Another uncomfortable question is:

Are the exclusive market authors literally paying for the advertising of this competing library from their own pockets with lost sales?

If so, then maybe exclusive market authors are those who really are being exploited here?

Thanks in advance for giving us some feedback and thoughts in this thread. I really think Envato owe the community some transparency here.

11 Likes

Hi, I totally agree. Authors as me an others are working very hard in external promotion for years (Including payment ads, footage, stock images, etc.,) in order to get more sales or referral earnings. If someone arrive to audiojungle following one of my hundreds referral links that I have in internet and he decided to “click” on this “elemments” banner and try the subscription model I don´t receive a penny for this new subscriber. I lost a sale and also a referral earning because Envato don´t cover a referral earning by this way. What is the business for me to continue promoting audiojungle /envato? @collis @emilie_b

14 Likes

I have raised this same question on the forums before, and it is an important one. Many authors have chosen to set up shop here exclusively and have supported and promoted this marketplace for years.

Envato is presently making strategic choices that they obviously feel strongly about and feel are necessary for their own viability.

Unfortunately, those choices are diminishing the benefits of being an exclusive author here.

In fact, you could probably make a good argument that there has never been a worse time to be an exclusive author at a marketplace - when that marketplace is actively and continually using its considerable promotional resources to move website visitors away from your portfolio to a newer, cheaper licensing platform (Elements subscription).

I don’t have the exact wording of a staff post issued prior to the addition of audio to Elements, but I could swear that post assured authors that it was not Envato’s intention to poach customers from the marketplace.

Presently, their actions appear to directly contradict that statement.

It feels like (please correct me if I am wrong) Envato is doing everything possible to grow the Elements subscriber base by advertising directly to buyers that often have initially arrived at the marketplace to browse your portfolio and purchase a sync license or two from you at your marketplace rate.

It is unfortunate, but we are at a point where Envato’s goals are not aligned with those of many of the authors who have been their loyal, exclusive partners.

I am an AJ author and a 10+ year Envato customer who has purchased thousands of licenses (music, SFX, WordPress themes, videos, photos). As such, I am often included in research studies and asked to share my opinion on surveys.

No matter how I have filled out those surveys in the last couple years, there is always one question that I can’t give them high marks on anymore.

“Would you recommend the Envato marketplace to a friend or colleague?”

I don’t answer “no” out of spite. It’s an honest assessment of my current experience here.

Being vocal (and critical) about this doesn’t make me any friends higher up, I’m sure - but I haven’t been here this long for no reason. I have been a customer, a seller, and a fan of this company for many years.

I think authors deserve a bit more consideration, transparency and professional courtesy if they have chosen to enter into an exclusive agreement and sell their best work here at an Envato marketplace.

We all want Envato to succeed. We would prefer that the price of that success not be the diminishing of our own businesses.

27 Likes

You are totally right!!!

2 Likes

I support ! 100%

1 Like