Call for Collis Ta’eed, Envato founder:Please Separate Elements!!

Another complain!

Why Elements’ subscription cost gets lower instead of higher as announced originally? From what I remember, it was announced to be increased as $49, but current price is only 1/3. I think this cheapest price also affects other marketplaces.

4 Likes

its ridiculously cheap, it’s my guess that they are trying to bump their numbers as much as possible before selling the company or something like that… none of this points to any sort of long-term sustainability.

I just raised my prices again, no sense participating in any of this nonsense, there was very little money to be made even at $19… i’m certainly never going to give my tracks away as part of some subscription scheme, and everyone with their $5 tracks should give their heads a shake as well.

8 Likes

203 posts and not a single response, even from moderators) it’s spring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Agree and support!

+1

+2

I do agree 100%

Another cannibalizing advertisement…this just popped in the homepage…

We thought that the main reason to be Exclusive Envato Authors was to bring more business to the market, but with this, seems that we are exclusively working just for elements to grab all that flow of potential buyers…

7 Likes

It kills me how severely Envato is undervaluing content. It’s becoming the dollar store of stock content.

Between this, and the credit system removal I just don’t know anymore…

I’m really not motivated at all to spend time uploading anything new the way it is. On that note, the uploader itself is archaic. Super time consuming to upload sound effects.

1 Like

Thanks Envato for once again showing us your appreciation. Really classy of you.

16 Likes

I have found the implementation and marketing of the new banner displaying a new lower price for Elements plastered on AudioJungle to signify (in my opinion) a rather troubling turning point. With unlimited downloads and no documentation to authors who knows where and how the music is being used. The “Experiments” and author pain is palpable and the concern of the Envato Author community grows each day. What is going on and how to disengage a loyal authorship is making things so difficult with no end in sight. Just really really disappointed. I just noticed that it is €14.50 in the flash sale which makes the situation worse. In GBP how cheap can or will it get?

2 Likes

Which is better for you selling hundred of license or selling only one license but it will be used in high budget movie where millions will hear it ?

Guys, what are you complaining about the elements?
Didn’t the authors themselves upload tons of their best top tracks to Elements?

The point is that Elements is steering traffic away from Audio Jungle and a price-cutting promotion reinforces the strategy to diminish this market. I will admit to applying to become an Elements contributor but now I would retract any involvement since downloads are not policed via documentation to authors. Authors who have contributed must surely see that this model does not make sense in terms of revenue particularly with the tiered licensing on Audio jungle since they do not see where their music goes.

3 Likes

not all of the Authors.

And the complaint is about the banner diverting customers to Elements.

at first, Envato stated that they are building a new market for new buyers, and not planning to move buyers from the market to Elements.

5 Likes

I understand that perfectly. My income also suffered from Elements.
But, if the authors downloaded only old, irrelevant tracks to Elements, would the buyer really not go back to AJ for normal tracks at normal cost? Not even looking at the banner.

And about the promises - yes, I also remember, as @jamesgiroux said at the Moscow meetup, that the elements are created for new customers and will only be a source of additional income for the authors. And I am sad to see how all this has turned against the authors.

My eyes are bleeding.

2 Likes

They chose the most aggressive colour they could find, i. e. they are making most aggressive efforts to divert traffic from our products.

Why not simply use a redirecting URL and bypass our portfolios totally?

5 Likes

I think if they really had new customers, they would not do these banners.

2 Likes

Authors with absolutely no marketing skills for a harmonic fusion between Elements/Market, are deciding how many tracks are available through Elements. This has been ranging from 10 tracks to literally over thousand tracks per author. Uncontrolled madness.

Still the worst is of course that exclusive market authors are paying for this advertisement.

In lack of words and explanations, fortunately Envato is doing some real smooth visual communication with the community.

2 Likes