C4D object buffer for luma matte is smaller than the area to be masked

5p1r17 said

Correct! But unfortunately files size will be enormous too, which leads to impossible use for VideoHive. I’m finishing new project now and I had to convert it to 8 bit format, because size of c4d linear footages is 6 gb :smiley: No way reviewer won’t let through this :slight_smile:

I rendered from C4D in tiff sequence at 16bit (not linear). 45 seconds took 20GB. Unfortunately Media encoder can’t open 16 bit tiff files for some reason so I exported the tiff sequence from after effects to quicktime photojpeg at 100%. Now 8 seconds it will be around 100-150Mb. if I go with 99% the filesize will go down to a third but the quality drop is noticeable especially for animation.

Somehow you are over-complicating this. Imagine the industry going over the same trouble every time they needed a 3D render. Maybe it is something simple you are missing. :slight_smile:

InlifeThrill said

Somehow you are over-complicating this. Imagine the industry going over the same trouble every time they needed a 3D render. Maybe it is something simple you are missing. :slight_smile:

well more simple I think it will be to just render in 8 bit from c4D but there is a lot of banding in the output image. Probably I’m doing something wrong.

problem is that I can’t upload the original tiff sequence since is too big. If I work for my projects, not for templates, I don’t need to rerender the tiff sequence.

8 bit is not enough color depth to adequately render smooth digital gradients. (i.e. you get banding).

So render at 16 bit, dither in After Effects (apply a minimal bit of grain), render out at 8 bit. Hey presto!

This is basically just another application of the rule, work in higher resolution than your ultimate output size. Here we’re talking about color resolution.