By mistake purchased theme again refund

I have purchased the Porto theme in October, and again on December 14th purchased it mistakenly, but that theme is untouched, download status is “not downloaded yet” which I have purchased in December, only that Porto theme which I purchased in October that I downloaded…I have already raised a ticket, with screenshot evidence…1 week has gone, kindly resolve this confusion. and initiate my refund. I am also their existing customer.

Did you open a refund request at https://themeforest.net/refund_requests/new? Assuming you select the correct purchase on that page, the author will see that it wasn’t downloaded and will be obligated to refund it.

Hello, thanks for your reply. yes, I have raised the ticket,1 week before, as per the Envato market’s support team. and shared all evidence, screenshot, and all.to Porto theme.

Hello, thanks for your reply. yes, I have raised the ticket,1 week before, as per the Envato market’s support team. and shared all evidence, screenshot, and all.to Porto theme.

If the author isn’t responding, look for an option to “raise a dispute” on the refund request’s details page – it should be near the lower right. The option may not appear until 7 days have elapsed, however. Raising a dispute will send the refund request directly to Envato Support instead of the author.

I am really thankful to you. I also raised a dispute and send it to Envato. but still, Porto author declined this.

The author cannot decline a disputed refund request. Instead, it goes directly to the Envato Help Team, who will review it within 5-7 days and follow up with you over email.

How recently did you dispute the refund request? Did you receive a message from the Envato Help Team afterwards?