Bring back the old badges! [poll]

I don’t seem to be able to select an answer :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually the response to the last set of badges was horrible - there was way too much detail crammed in the little images. I think they are in the right direction to make them simple again and using color so it’s easy to see what badges someone has at a glance.

At the end of the day though, badges don’t help your sales, they are only medals to show off in the forums in my opinion :smile:

2 Likes

Did you really just go on a huge rant against the new badges, when your own avatar looks like one of them? :smiley:

Wow, suddenly everyone love the old & cartoony badges. Back then, it was only me and just few authors who like it. XD

But, yeah, ‘flat’ is overused & boring

Just my advice for this community,

please, please just make a contest if envato someday planning to create new badges, again.

Make a contest!
authors (and buyers?) will vote until we get 3 best proposals :smile: and then envato staff will vote the best proposal one from those three. , everyone will be happy.

Just don’t make envato more and more like a listing website.

Just my 1 buck.

2 Likes

When they’re big, they look good, but when they’re small, they look poor :frowning:

Oops :smiley:

But I changed my avatar first! :slight_smile:

Looks like the new ones are here to stay. I guess we’ll just have to get used to them, though I do think there are some modifications to be made - like adding colours and wreathed to the seller badges - now they look boring :frowning:

The only thing I’d like to see is distinguishing elites and power elites somehow, that green had some punch to it. Other than that, mostly everything is cool and you’ll all forget about how old badges used to look in a month. Let me just remind you of the vast amount of users going completely berserk over a simple thing like changing grey background to white a few months ago. Anyone here still mad about that?

No it was not because the former one was not as good as the previous ones already but still looked way better than these ones which in no way represent the graphic place we are all attending

Good observation why did we have to bring our avatars again ? Waste of time , have to search in this messy and unfamiliar environment to get to change … Besides why do we have to click again to join the forum ? It makes no sense at all when we are already logged in elsewhere

That was legitimate who cares about this king of change anyway when we all need some good and efficient tools to work with … When in the end they took a lot of time to do what?! To make the site look poorer, period

Funny part indeed and logo makers will appreciate (ironic) to see how their works are bashed and binned here for the same reason but they can see that this set of flat icons can make it and bother most of the guys when they look not so good at the size that there are supposed to be used …

The idea is good but I think a much better idea again is that we all vote for getting to know what is used it would be even better according to me at leat this basically means that our voices are being heard and that most of guys will like them …

U are right but u just forget that u compare with these ones … The previous ones were better and the ones before the previous ones were better again … That’s a continuous slope in quality that’s what it means , plus yes changes need to be used to but changing for changing means nothing , we are expecting embetterments no step back

1 Like

If we follow the way u are thinking, then this is great to have a place selling graphic design which has some that anybody can do without any design knowledge whatsoever , in other words they are also probably right to approve items which are too flat or poor graphically like they do too often (thus decreasing the quality offered). Indeed, sorry to say just that but not all the people are expecting minimalistic items and/or things which show no professional graphic skills . Besides, in my view these styles are just ruining the business … after all think about it if u can use photoshop or illustrator tools why would u buy some works and especially for which u no additional value or for which u save no time because this very simple things that u talk about take small time to be created, so people will do on their own not buy!

Lol yeah and they sell graphic design here and where is graphic design in it?! Come on , used at the icon size this is ultra flat and the way it looks when used as a small icon new to names makes think that anybody can do this set as long as they can use illustrator …: and u think that looks professional for design to say ok we show some things which are too flat and that anybody can do? I don’t think so at all

Maybe because apart from getting used the quality is decreasing every time , think about it …

Yes the ones two changes ago lol

That’s your right I personally don’t and think that this is just changing to change when it changed already a very short time ago

Flat design is ruining the business because everyone can make great flat icons and user interfaces?