Bridge Theme not installing

Hello! I am trying to re-install the Bridge theme but I get the following error: “…The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet. Theme installation failed.”

Does anyone know what’s happening here? I am not a techie and have very limited WP knowledge.

Thank you in advance!

Michael

Hi mfmuller,

This error occurs when the file you are trying to upload into WordPress is not a valid theme file. Please go back to your downloads page and download the theme again, making sure to select “Installable WordPress file only.”

If you don’t see this option, then you may have purchased an item which is not compatible with WordPress. I would suggest contacting the author of the item you purchased to see if they offer a WordPress version and can help you exchange it.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for the quick reply. I installed the “Installable WordPress file only” as you said and that did the trick. Thanks again. You guys are awesome

MM

2 Likes

Awesome! I was worried you might have the Elementor version which would require a bit different setup, but I decided to take the risk :joy:

1 Like

I am thankful you did. I really appreciate the help!

1 Like

@KingDog
Hello,

Hope you are doing well. I’m experiencing the same difficulties as mfmuller did installing the Bridge theme, but even when I try to install only the “installable Wordpress file only” file, I get a blank page with a message (in French for me): “veuillez choisir un fichier” (please choose a file). The Bridge theme is compatible with WordPress, I have version 6.4.2.

Please help ? :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello! I’m sure you’ve already thought of this, but did you choose just the .zip file to upload? I can recall getting a similar message when I tried to upload the expanded files (folders) instead of the .zip file itself. I really have no idea what I’m doing, so please take this suggestion with a grain of salt…

The folks on here are largely brilliant and helpful, so I’m sure you’ll get a proper answer soon from someone who knows what they are doing!

1 Like

It looks like you have the Elementor version of Bridge which is a bit different to install. These links should help -