Bitcoin as Payment?

Following up this topic:

What happened? IMO it is rather strange that you do not accept Bitcoin. There is basically no reason to not to, and pretty much any relevant digital goods company accepts it.

5 Likes

Seriously!

From the original thread…

“I can bet all my nuts that we will see Envato accepting bitcoin in 2014. It’s just a matter of time.”

How do we claim all of his nuts?

6 Likes

Just did a horrible checkout with Paypal, had to give them all my personal information.

I’m a +1 for having Bitcoin as a payment option. Digital online sales without Bitcoin as a payment option makes your company look behind the times.

1 Like

Although, if Bitcoin is extinct in five to ten years… not accepting them could be considered ‘ahead of the times’!

2 Likes

Yeah true, lets hope the internet doesn’t go extinct while we’re at it.

I hope not. I’d have to post my new items to Envato, and then they’d fax me every time a buyer orders something of mine from the giant catalogue.

Any speculation on the Bitcoin subject? :slight_smile: Dollars and Euros can be extinct in five to ten years too :smiley:

But how would you upload to Envato if the internet went extinct?

I’d have to post my new items to Envato…

I’d say the Bitcoin issue is staring to be relevant. Kim Dotcom is launching his new innovation this year (Bitcache / K.im ) which will be service little bit like envato, selling your digital goods to clients and it will use bitcoins as part of payment… Also bitcoin payments are becoming more and more mainstream so Envato should be one of the first adaptors imo! … No need for payoneer, paypal or other money sucking institutions inbetween author and customer (pun intented) :smiley: You saw what happened in music/movie business when napster, megaupload etc showed up… It took years and huge amount of lawsuits for big companies to react with services like spotify and netflix… pls make it happen!

I vote for bitcoin too! we pay a triple commission for transfers through banking systems
robbers in ties

Is a Bitcoin payment option available now? Sorry for silly question, but I’m new to the forum. I’m going to start using a crypto card. Having read the crypto cards reviews, I’m thinking about trying BitPay. Does anyone else use it?

Old Topic