Bigcommerce

I have been searching around to buy some custom made bigcommerce layout but to no avail. Does anyone here know how to make one?
Hope i can get some help soon. I am willing to pay if the price is reasonable.

Developing Interspire Shopping Cart (aka BigCommerce) theme is a pain in the A$$

And thats the reason you don’t see lot of ISC Themes., Anyways Good Luck. :slight_smile:

Edit : And since they are not open source and they don’t provide any Theming guide, It’s really difficult.

ohokok… good luck to me. i didnt know that. abit too late now. lol

I’m currently looking into possibly adding a BigCommerce category. Will keep you guys posted…need to find out of it’s realistic! :slight_smile:

Jeffrey is this still a possibility? I am also looking for a big commerce solution.

I wouldn’t mind a Big Commerce category. I signed 2 clients in the last 2 months and I’m doing some customizations myself but that’s not really my thing. Another client last year shelled out an additional $2,000 for customizations I couldn’t do using one of their 3rd party providers.

I’m not sure about the open source technicality as their customization guide seemed decent enough for someone who knows what they’e doing.

Their 3rd party providers are making a killing so there must be knowledge out there.

Hmm, wondering if there’s any updates about this. I know BigCommerce theming inside and out and worked with it for over 2 years now, and would love to contribute themes, and even work out a sales deal with existing theme creators / designers to port themes to BigCommerce. They’ll have no extra work on their end, and make a good extra 25% of BigCommerce theme sales in their pockets. ThemeForest would benefit too.

BigCommerce IS indeed still not 100% cut out for theme/template design like platforms such as Magento or Wordpress are. It still has a bit flakey way of setting them up. However, BigCommerce is a completely demand-oriented company. Customers are constantly demanding small changes and getting those changes implemented as a result. If ThemeForest puts BigCommerce theming on the map and brings it to the mainstream, BigCommerce would hastily respond accordingly to provide a much better system that can allow business to flourish. However, if nobody takes initiative, they’ll stick with this unconventional theming style.

ocularharmony said

Hmm, wondering if there’s any updates about this. I know BigCommerce theming inside and out and worked with it for over 2 years now, and would love to contribute themes, and even work out a sales deal with existing theme creators / designers to port themes to BigCommerce. They’ll have no extra work on their end, and make a good extra 25% of BigCommerce theme sales in their pockets. ThemeForest would benefit too.

BigCommerce IS indeed still not 100% cut out for theme/template design like platforms such as Magento or Wordpress are. It still has a bit flakey way of setting them up. However, BigCommerce is a completely demand-oriented company. Customers are constantly demanding small changes and getting those changes implemented as a result. If ThemeForest puts BigCommerce theming on the map and brings it to the mainstream, BigCommerce would hastily respond accordingly to provide a much better system that can allow business to flourish. However, if nobody takes initiative, they’ll stick with this unconventional theming style.

I am searching big commerce templates, too. Their own templates are on of the ugliest ever, but their onlineshop system is the best. That’s a pity.

streakzGFX said

I am searching big commerce templates, too. Their own templates are on of the ugliest ever, but their onlineshop system is the best. That’s a pity.

It is indeed the best platform. I love it, and am also looking for templates/themes. Have been looking for a couple years for my clients and myself.

I have designed quite a few bigcommerce templates and would be interested in making some to put on Themeforest. But without a category for them they wouldnt get accepted I dont think.

I am also looking for Big commerce templates. Supposedly BC has millions of customers. Would be great move. Also very few people work on it so you guys would sell a lot of templates.

eighties said

I have designed quite a few bigcommerce templates and would be interested in making some to put on Themeforest. But without a category for them they wouldnt get accepted I dont think.

Take your luck at this category: http://themeforest.net/category/cms-themes/miscellaneous

Hi, we have been working on our Bigcomerce theme, prepping for public consumption. Its a bunch of stuff changed/rewritten, using their “white” integration/upgrade path. We have many places themed that most others don’t touch, bunches of support for searchspring & interspire mailer. Full standardized email templates (both drip and ems). Custom classes for live editing, waypoint for widgets, new panels/menus. Matching responsive drupal7 blog theme… Months of work but it’s beautiful. Anyone interested can contact us :slight_smile: thanks friends!

I’d be interested in taking a look, as I have one client in desperate need of an upgrade. Looking over the bigcommerce docs and API it seems like a rather steep learning curve. The API looks robust and one can integrate it well with external apps, but one needs to get dirty to see just what issues pop up.

Runner2009
Burt Gordon

CreadevDotOrg said

Hi, we have been working on our Bigcomerce theme, prepping for public consumption. Its a bunch of stuff changed/rewritten, using their “white” integration/upgrade path. We have many places themed that most others don’t touch, bunches of support for searchspring & interspire mailer. Full standardized email templates (both drip and ems). Custom classes for live editing, waypoint for widgets, new panels/menus. Matching responsive drupal7 blog theme… Months of work but it’s beautiful. Anyone interested can contact us :slight_smile: thanks friends!

I’d be interested in taking a look, as I have one client in desperate need of an upgrade. Looking over the bigcommerce docs and API it seems like a rather steep learning curve. The API looks robust and one can integrate it well with external apps, but one needs to get dirty to see just what issues pop up.

Runner2009 Burt Gordon

Hi Burt, you are indeed correct!

BC is a great platform, but their theme is ment for those with HTML experience. There is a learning curve of “include” style theming, with finicky variables due to immense javascript dependency on wrapper container classes. Although a rich restful API, somewhat limited as well for reasons we aren’t allowed to mention atm. We actually had to schedule multiple meetings with BC product engineers to clear up some issues and provide insight for solution. That being said, in a few more months BC will work better in theme layers (javascript), API, new admin theme, and the Option guts themselves.

So if you are in need of an example LIVE site using our work, you may reference CJ’s LLC. They have so graciously let us use their BC site for this example. Keep in mind, colors, layout, sidebars, or just about anything else has been tamed enough to change rather quickly (as in your new site :slight_smile:

http://cjshearthandhome.com

They are using the full Creadev shebang from BC core, to custom CSS stacks, to custom JS fixes, to full blown SearchSpring customization, to Interspire mailer hooks + templates, and the Drupal7 responsive to power their blog and corp. Keep in mind, BC just released their mobile theme as “editable” this week (june 20 2013), so we have not yet themed it nor integrated it into the template.

Anyone interested in any piece or the full package may get at us: info@creadev.org. We will get back to you (yes a real dev, not a salesman) to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks tons for your interest!

• Derek H -
    CreadevDotOrg front end dev