Best uploading practices to promote our tracks on SoundCloud

Hi all,

I have a YouTube channel that is growing fast and I am happy with that. Now I decided to also promote my AJ tracks in Soundcloud. I have a few questions:

1. is it better to upload all track as soon as possible OR like Youtube, better to have consistency and upload 1 or 2 tracks a week?

2. I saw that most authors upload the versions WITHOUT a watermark. What is better for SC? watermark or not? I am aware of the risks of non-watermarked versions…but nobody will listen to the watermarked versions, right? of course I would disable the download track option.

3. as for tags: is it better to have longer tags like in youtube (“cinematic royalty free music”) or many keywords-like tags such as “cinematic” “royalty free”?

thanks a lot for any help and advice

1 Like

Hello! I agree and also want to hear the answer from many authors who upload tracks there soundcloud ( For starters, of course it would be interesting to hear advice from @AShamaluev )!
Very interesting!

1 Like

My name is Aleksandr, I have over 14,000 SoundCloud subscribers. Who is interested you can find me as AShamaluevMusic.

1. is it better to upload all track as soon as possible OR like Youtube, better to have consistency and upload 1 or 2 tracks a week?
I upload the same way as on YouTube (2 tracks per week).

2. I saw that most authors upload the versions WITHOUT a watermark. What is better for SC? watermark or not? I am aware of the risks of non-watermarked versions…but nobody will listen to the watermarked versions, right? of course I would disable the download track option.
Certainly without a watermark. You can get more feedback from the listener and get like or comment. When you have a large audience, if you have a watermark, you will get a ton of negative reviews.

3. as for tags: is it better to have longer tags like in youtube (“cinematic royalty free music”) or many keywords-like tags such as “cinematic” “royalty free”?
I use all kinds of tags, for example: cinematic, cinematic music, cinematic background music, cinematic royalty free music, cinematic music for videos etc.

In order to attract attention, I created a series of tracks that can be downloaded for free. These tracks are not sold on AudioJungle or other markets. This clearly attracts attention.

Also need third-party traffic. I uploaded these tracks on YouTube and pointed out the link to SoundCloud. I get thousands of clicks on SoundCloud.

If you have questions, you can write below. I will try to answer all the questions. Good luck!

4 Likes

Hey Aleksandr, as always you are so nice and willing to help others. Your advice is like gold to me and a do appreciate it. I will go ahead and upload my tracks to SC consistently, with no watermark (at least for now) and consciously think about my tags. thank you

one last think: when uploading on SC under “Metadata” at the bottom of the page do you select: “all rights reserved” or “creative commons”. If creative commons, what sub options to you leave on? the only one left unchecked by default is “no derivative rights”.

thanks again so much

If you have a small audience, you can distribute music for free with a Creative Commons license. Many people love music with a Creative Commons license and No Copyright Music.

Those tracks that are not available for free download from Creative Commons (previously, these tracks could be downloaded for free). In order to download these tracks, people need to register on a specific site.

Those tracks that you can download for free do not have a Creative Commons license.

(you can do it your own way).

2 Likes

thanks again for sharing your experience with us! :slight_smile: all the best

1 Like

Nice questions, but why is Aleksandr the only one that should be based on to? I mean what if Aleksandr is wrong ? :smiley: :smiley: What if Aleksandr is lying and he pays to have fake followers? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Also one of his tracks almost exploded my headphones… I don’t want to devalue him ofcourse! Just thinking out loud :stuck_out_tongue:

I have about 700,000 soundcloud plays every month.

I also have a YouTube channel that has almost 70,000 subscribers and 2 million views every month. I screw them too? :slight_smile:

I told you how it works for me. Used it or not, can only you.

3 Likes