Best monitor for web design

I agree with @BuchmannDesign
You should really get 2 monitors it will definitely speed up your work.
If you have the budget I would recommend the Alienware OptX AW2210 21.5" Full HD Monitor.
(Get 2 and it will work like a beauty with a nice design too :slight_smile: )

I have the NEC PA271W; best LCD i ever usedā€¦awesome accuracy and has the option of switching between color spaces, like Adobe RGB, sRGB, etcā€¦

Best price for it is BH photo, where I got mine from. It might be overkill to some but it kicks some serious but.

Kevin

My two cents. These are more in econo range, but still worth looking at.

HP LP 2475w:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_lp2475w.htm

and

DELL U2410:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

ā€“
Wojtek

Another tip, make sure the monitor has even lighting at all angles. I had budget screen before, an the top half of the screen was noticeably darker than the bottom. When editing photos i had to drag the photo near the bottom half because i thought that was the more realistic shade. And in website editing, subtle gradients are hard to preview correctly, since no gradient actually looked like a subtle gradient! :slight_smile:

AionCreative said

I have the NEC PA271W; best LCD i ever usedā€¦awesome accuracy and has the option of switching between color spaces, like Adobe RGB, sRGB, etcā€¦

Best price for it is BH photo, where I got mine from. It might be overkill to some but it kicks some serious but.

Kevin

Yep, if you will do fine with 27", that one is amazing and is like $1400.

If you want a similar NEC but in 30", here is a link from my previous post ($2000):

In any case, going with Dell, NEC or Apple is a great choice - depends on many factors though, but I would personally stick to those brands if I were you. Then itā€™s just about how much you are willing to spend and decide between 2 models in that price range.

iProThemes said
luckykind said

I promise you, anybody who takes 2-3 monthsā€¦

It doesnā€™t even take that long. I find it amusing still trying to compare pc over mac. Itā€™s 2011, and have a look at a pc and mac. No words needed, pc/win is for .NET people only.

What about people who like to game and do web design like me? Macs suck for gaming.

Iā€™m getting this one very soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHm6uEK09Oo

EDIT: why do we always have to argue about the MAC/PC thing? As long as you know your stuff and do great things, who cares what tool youā€™re using? :stuck_out_tongue:

I find it hard to believe that he, or anyone for that matter, would do better at web-development if he was working on a Mac instead of a PC.

I think the reason people use Mac instead of a PC is purely aesthetics (the visual) and maybe the built-in software. But any of that wouldnā€™t really matter, as the code you would produce would not be in any greater quality if you where using a Mac.

Now, Linux for that matter, is just the same, but better. Itā€™s free (if you choose an open-source OS) and you have all the options regarding software that you would on a Mac, and you could configure it to have the same visual theme and feeling as well. Learning Linux is not as hard as it used to be, Ubuntu has become quite newbie-friendly.

Anyway, if I where you, I would definitely get two monitors, at least one of them a widescreen, and if the Mac was making you drool, just install Ubuntu Linux.

I have this 24ā€™ā€™ http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2410.htm

plus his big brother the 28ā€™ā€™ one. If you dual screen the two it gives you soo much flexibility and speed :slight_smile:

digitalimpact said

Iā€™m getting this one very soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHm6uEK09Oo

UPDATE: Got it today, using it as I write this.

ITā€™S FREAKING AWESOME!

At least for now, I watched some Full HD movies to test the 1920x1200 resolution, I fired up Dreamweaver to see how I get along when coding, some browsing stuff, Photoshop and thatā€™s about itā€¦

What I love about it is that you can rotate it 90Ā° to the right and have a huuuuuuge space for all your code (since itā€™s widescreen).

Another great aspect is that it has a light sensor which auto-adjusts the brightness according to the light in your room. And trust me, with 400cd/m2, you will need to lower it anyway.

Pure awesomeness. For a first impression, totally recommend it.

Iā€™m getting 3 of these :slight_smile:

Gonna help for when Iā€™m working on themes :slight_smile:

1 screen for dreamweaver, 1 for browser to see what it looks like, and 1 for ftp :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you should do something similar. 3 monitors could really speed things up and make things easier.

CadenGrant said

1 screen for dreamweaver, 1 for browser to see what it looks like, and 1 for ftp :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™d use the third one for emails and such :stuck_out_tongue: Dreamweaver can handle FTP :wink:

Hi, I have a problem with a.more-toggle (+ icon on the right side). Everytime I click on ā€œx iconā€ to close the content panel. It returns to previous pane all the time.

For example, letā€™s say I have 3 main menus on the right which are home, services, teams. If the current pane is ā€œservicesā€, I click on ā€œ+ iconā€ to see the content on the right side then click on ā€œx iconā€ to close the content panel. It returns to ā€œhomeā€ pane header. It should return to ā€œservicesā€ pane header.

Could you point me where should I look at the problem?

please delete

0zz1 said

Hi, I have a problem with a.more-toggle (+ icon on the right side). Everytime I click on ā€œx iconā€ to close the content panel. It returns to previous pane all the time.

For example, letā€™s say I have 3 main menus on the right which are home, services, teams. If the current pane is ā€œservicesā€, I click on ā€œ+ iconā€ to see the content on the right side then click on ā€œx iconā€ to close the content panel. It returns to ā€œhomeā€ pane header. It should return to ā€œservicesā€ pane header.

Could you point me where should I look at the problem?

Bravo!

Hi Denoizzed, we have published an article/guide, about How to Choose the Right Monitor for Web Design ā€“ http://designmodo.com/monitor-design/ I hope it will be useful for you.

Also, you can try to write about color calibration.

Talk about zombies ha ā€¦