Best chromakey software?

Hey guys,

I need an opinion of VFX people, about what is the best way for chromakeying… Btw., currently I’m using AE’s Keylight plugin everyday, almost with no complains at all :slight_smile:

Today, don’t know why, I asked myself…“wait… why I’m using it? Maybe there is smth better\faster\easier on the market?”. And started to search over the internet, for alternatives. And realized that almost everywhere, people recommends node based software like Nuke or AE Keylight.

Who have an experience with keying on Nuke? What is the best software for this?

Primatte is perfect for me, you can work with it both in AE and Nuke, it has unique algorithms of keying that bring perfect results. Besides it’s included in the latest Nuke versions. Seems like it’s faster than Keylight in AE, at least I noticed it in some heavy shots.

Yep… Primatte all the way.

Primatte - cool. Try AE Color Range - real helps when Primatte can’t.

Thanks guys! I knew that Keylight isn’t an only option… :slight_smile:

Keylight is best. The other plugins are a business apart. It’s best record at 50 frames per second with professional camera and is easier to remove the chroma blur mode. You must have good lighting without shadow on the wall fabric or painted bright green. Luck!

The composer of VFX Ergin Kuke, frequently used native Keylight plugin. Here I show the link of 2 products that I have purchased, are interesting to learn the advanced technique of chroma: “Giants” http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/store/products/tutorials/eku_series/index.php

NOVAPLUS said

You must have good lighting without shadow on the wall fabric or painted bright green. Luck!

So pretty much how every single green screen shot I ever worked with in a commercial context isn’t. :slight_smile: