Best Amp Sim Software

Hi guys, just wondering if any guitarist / producers have some tips to share on the subject of software amp sims. I’m on a budget and I enjoy the convenience of using amp plugins in a DAW. I’ve been using Guitar Rig but I just discovered Archetype Nolly which has vastly improved and more realistic amp tones. So now looks like I’ll use a combination of them - using Guitar Rig for some effects and Nolly for the amp sim part. Anyone else using amp sims, and are there any other good ones out there? I’m looking for versatility as I make anything from gentle shoe gaze, retro rock through to metal. Archetype Nolly is focused on metal and modern sounds.

i recently started liking overloud th-u, if you havent, go check it!

1 Like

Nice, I’ve checked that out and it looks great! Could make a good upgrade from Guitar Rig. Also been recommended Waves PRS SuperModels which looks great too.

Hi there. I’d recommend to check out a fully free amp sims by IginiteAmps, they are really good especially because of their free IR cabsim which is the key technology to the good tone. I also tried a demo version of Helix Native by Line6 which is awesome, thinking about upgrading to it from my old Line6 POD Farm I’ve got with my audio interface.

1 Like

I use Overloud th-u and S-Gear. Overloud has a lot of amps/cabs/pedals some of it hit or miss IMO, a nice Dual Rectifier but you have to EQ it has it’s quite boomy right out of the box. S gear has an amp called “The Stealer” which has a nice Marshall vibe.

1 Like

S-gear is really nice. Simple, easy to use and very responsive.

1 Like