Before submission, looking for critiques!

Hi, I don’t want my ratio to go too low, and I only have one track approved so far, I figure rather than submitting and crossing my fingers I’d ask before. :slight_smile:

The song is going to be targeted for epic, trailer, cinematic, but fun and light, almost patriotic. It’s a bit generic, but for my first couple of tracks, I wanted to start basic and work my way up to more complex. If I can get the basics done well, that’s important to me.

Any and all comments welcome, arrangement, mix, orchestration, etc. I have listened to this song too many times to be objective :sweat_smile:

And do you think this would get accepted as is?

TIA :smiling_face:

@EnchantedForestMusic

I liked it - really good and you could imagine it being played against a travel theme, but more leaning towards animals in the wild perhaps, documentary type visuals. Maybe mountaineering, adventure. Or as you say patriotic coverage. Excellent :slight_smile:

1 Like

@123Simples Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment. I am a little worried about the mix. I may have to change the drums a little, I think the timpani drums are making the low end a little muddy.

1 Like

Hi! Great melody and mood. But overall mix on “dark” side of sound - need more clearance on strings and for my taste more solid mastering, highs are lower than you expected from that type of music. A lot of unpleasant resonances (which caused mudiness in track), which is common for ochestral instruments and drums in second part sound less compressed and bright for my taste. But overall - great track!

1 Like

@LumenMedia Thanks!! After letting the track sit for a day, I now hear exactly what you are saying. I need to work on my mixing and mastering skills a bit! I am used to extreme metal so this is a change for me LOL :rofl: I will go back and work on the mix of the song and stop worrying about the melody and arrangement!! :wink:

Thanks again.

1 Like

@EnchantedForestMusic

I thought it was very good - admittedly it is not helped with the audiojungle playover LOL but at 1.04 it kicks in, and 1.23 I like the way it switches up tempo. HOWEVER, my missus just heard it :slight_smile: and she thought what was that? It sounded a bit repetitive she says LOL - but to be fair she was trying to watch TV :wink:

Imagine David Attenborough and then tweek the music to meet that video

1 Like

Great! Just use some reference tracks in this genre. You can easily compare your mix to this references. It could help in evaluating mix tonality as well as loudness. Sometimes what i recording one day and pleased with results sounds as crap on next day. :slight_smile:

2 Likes