Badge / Awards System in PHP

Hello,

It would be nice to have an awards/badges system like the one here on CodeCanyon community to integrate in our sites. Standalone sites, not wordpress plugin.

With admin panel and easy to use.

Hey utopicvision.
I think I could help you, just contact me via my profile page! :slight_smile: And I will see if I could code you such system.

-Regards, CopyCrake! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Are you still looking for someone to develop this for you? If so, please contact me and I would be glad to help you out!

I’m so glad I found this thread as I have been after the same thing, I have designed a few websites, that feature Badge Systems with Static integration in that I update the users myself which is fairly easy enough, however I’m also looking to create (as well as the dynamically integrated badge system) an XP system where by my users can earn XP and gain levels, by earning badges or doing certain things on the site…

If anyone can help me on this as it’s rather urgent, please reply to this post.

To anyone who is offering to build the plugin, please build it and release it to CodeCanyon. We WILL buy it!

utopicvision said

To anyone who is offering to build the plugin, please build it and release it to CodeCanyon. We WILL buy it!

I second that totally, although in my case I’m not after a plugin as such, that would imply using WordPress as a framework, whereas I’ve actually built my sites from scratch utilizing HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP and MySQL so I’d need an XP and Badge System that’s compatible with how I’ve chosen to build them.

wineEnthusiast said
utopicvision said

I second that totally, although in my case I’m not after a plugin as such, that would imply using WordPress as a framework, whereas I’ve actually built my sites from scratch utilizing HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP and MySQL so I’d need an XP and Badge System that’s compatible with how I’ve chosen to build them.

I agree. I am also not looking for a Wordpess plugin rather an independent component that will be easy to integrate in any PHP site.

yes but the badgets need specifications or not? how do you want to give to users badgets and adwards ? for what? like this if is a interesting im ready to make one and relased here.

I’m working on this right now because it’s interesting for me.

The system will expose a JSON-based API that can be accessed from any new or existing product.

Current Progress:

TO DO:

1. Admin UI
  2. API

DONE:

1. DB Schema
  2. Frontend UI
  3. User Login
CloneUI said

Current Progress:

TO DO:

1. Admin UI
  2. API

DONE:

1. DB Schema
  2. Frontend UI
  3. User Login

This looks great. You should definitely integrate it with a points system.

For example: if user has 10 points, he gets Badge1, if user has 20 points he gets Badge2
These would be automatic badges granted by the site to engage users.

Automatic badges based on a points system?

I will look into it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

yeah but for this kind of things you will need a cronjob to handle all the settings,checks etc.
i can do this but i need to see what is already done.like this you will have a easy implementation of the system.

No, I could a feature to the API that requires a key. Using this key the Site Admin could add points to any user account.

We created our own badge system a year ago.

See on this page.

http://www.422.com.au/member/steve/

and http://www.422.com.au/my422/badges/

CloneUI said

No, I could a feature to the API that requires a key. Using this key the Site Admin could add points to any user account.

yes but when the admin is not online what hapends?the best way is to use a cron to check the api if the user is online and if it is then check how many point have to the next badge.and if is rich the point then give the badge.simple and smart…

No cron is needed.

1. An event occurs that accrues points
  2. Notify the API from your current system
  3. The API logs the event & adds the points to the user's existing point total
  4. The API returns the point total & badges earned
Australia said

We created our own badge system a year ago.

See on this page…

Thanks for sharing!

OK, guys:

It’s done. Please contact me via my CodeCanyon profile if you are interested. I’m offering a “Name Your Price” Sale until April 19th, 2014.

Features:

• An Extensible API
  • Upload Badge Images or use HTML for Badges
  • Grant Badges
  • Revoke Badges
  • Admin Interface
  • Usergroups
  • Usergroup Permissions
  • Badge Management
  • User Management
  • Usergroup Management
  • Permission Management
  • 54 Themes for the User Interface
  • Using the API, this software can be used as a central authentication system for all your sites. Simply authenticate users via an API call & handle the response on your target site
CloneUI said

Current Progress:

TO DO:

1. Admin UI
  2. API

DONE:

1. DB Schema
  2. Frontend UI
  3. User Login

any update?

can this be an add-on for this script: http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/social-networking-/126935

wish to buy it if it integrates seamlessly.