Trusted Updates: Automatic Approval of Item Updates

Bump.

@andrewfreeman I still really would like to know how you’re planning to handle category changes…?

Should we open a support ticket for now?

Are you planning on including the category dropdown for ‘trusted updates’ at some point in the future?

Thanks.

We’ve just made a change that should fix the issue, please let us know (here or in a help ticket) if you are unable to update your old items. :grinning:

1 Like

Confirmed: it works again now! Thanks for bringing it back!

Yes everything working perfectly now. Thank you!

All fine now! Thank You!

1 Like

I’ve update two tracks, and it works fine! Thank you! :smile:

1 Like

Hi Tunediver,

Category changes are still done through the Help team and there’s no plans (that I’m aware of) to change this.

Cheers!

Just to close the loop on this; we’ve completed all testing and Auto-Approved Updates is now available on all sites (except CodeCanyon) :grinning:

1 Like

thx!
for the changes for better!)

@swlabs

I do not have an item ID yet because themes still have to receive their first review.
I have 3 themes now over 2 months, 2 of them 80 days plus.

Go to your Author Dashboard, Hover on the “Delete?” link you will know your item id, compare to the approved items Ids on the frontpage and pray that your items are very close for the 1st review.

See below:
----------- WordPress Theme (New)
Queued for Review
Submitted 2 months ago | Delete?

2 Likes

@andrewfreeman, thanks so much for this great feature!! Now all working fine!:slight_smile:

Okay, got that.

Thanks for the tip.

UPD: Solved the problem

Why this is not working anymore ?

Yes, doesn’t work for me too

Why not CodeCanyon?

Cool! Thanks for this

Slow steps :wink:

@andrewfreeman, need I give a brief description of changes I have made (in field “Message to the Reviewer”) when I update my item (trusted update)? Thanks for your answer! Have a good day!)