Authors Requesting CPANEL Logins

ENVATO PLS STOP SELLERS FROM FORCING BUYERS SERVER & CPANEL LOGINS BY FORCE
This is becoming too much pls.

Hi,

Whats your problem friend ?? why to much anger ?

1 Like

Also, please try explain what you mean, because that makes no sense

1 Like

The script purchased dint activate the seller said give me ssh, give me cpanel, give me server, give me logins, give me everything!

I said no such imformation is not available as my boss will never release it. He never talked about how to correct the script to work or check the activation Lincence, all he kept insisting on was “ give me ssh, give me cpanel, give me server, give me logins, give me everything “ and i said not available and he wont stop. I even told him that “ DEU RESPECT SIR, ‘COULD YOU PLS RESPECT PEOPLES PRIVACY AND STOP ASKING PEOPLE FOR THEIR SERVER OR CPANEL LOGIN DETAIL? THATS ACTUALLY WRONG! PLEASE IT COULD BE NICE IF YOU STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY…. OR DO YOU HAVE AN ULTERIOR MOTIVE? BECAUSE IT IS ONLY WHEN PEOPLE DO HAVE SUCH MOTIVES THAT THEY BEHAVE THIS WAY.

SERVER DETAILS ARE SENSITIVE DETAILS, THEY ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND TOO DELICATE TO FOR ANYONE TO HAND IT OVER TO YOU BY FORCE! PLS PLS PLS COULD YOU STOP PLS “

Yet he wont stop! he kept asking me and other people and we all said “NO” yet he wont bulge.

Why the messy agression?

The most shocking thing is that i am not the only one saying “NO,NO,NO” yet he kept forcing all of us to give him.

Hey there.

No one is forcing you to do anything. There are issues with themes that need to be fixed for specific customers, themes that work fine on one host and don’t work on another, that’s why most authors request access to admin panels to be able to check and see what’s wrong.

Secondly, you can imagine, that someone here that is checking a cpanel, has only the interest of selling his product and making it work, what would be the point of hacking your page only to get bad ratings and disabled from Envato and loose all earnings.

There is no global conspiracy to hack you. If you’re scared this is an issue, you can ask the author to get in touch via a chat system and use a program like TeamViewer and see exactly what they are doing, if they agree that is.

PS: I’ve edited your title :slight_smile:

Cheers!

1 Like

Or you know, it could be someone wanting to help you fix your issues. Trust me, if someone wanted to hack your site or do something nefarious, they would not do it by selling you a product and then trying to give you good support, instead they would just sell you an infected script, or more likely, give it away for free.

Stop looking for issues where there isn’t one and let the author help you.

While I agree with persons who explained the OP that login information is needed to fix the issue, I don’t think anyone would need SSH login to the server. Doing PHP coding for many years and serving thousands of clients, I never ever asked for SSH. In 90% of cases simple FTP login was enough. If the issue was deeper, an extra login for phpmyadmin was always sufficient.

Hence, if someone asked me for SSH to fix some script on my website, I would be extremely suspicious too.

1 Like

The Sellers are stealing databases and scripts from MY PHP Admin and the servers. I discovered that some authors accessed the Cpanel and began downloading the website files and databases. Someone gained access to and changed the passwords for other systems. When I contacted my service provider yesterday, it was discovered that someone had exported databases from another system and downloaded some pre-built websites. I recommend sending FTP rather than cPanel. Some authors manipulate codes in their systems, resulting in the creation of a backdoor.

Closing 6 year old thread.

If you have concerns about author behaviour please contact Envato Market Help and Support