Author not updating themes

As you can see, the theme was last updated more than a year ago and and supports upto wordpress version 4.9.X. But current version of wordpress is 5.0 and some features of the theme needs to be updated to be fully compatible with wordpress 5.0. Now the author has stopped supporting this theme. Does that mean there will be no future updates?
This was one of my concern, when I built my website based on the theme. But I was kind of relaxed expecting to get future updates as I am buying a premium theme. And I cannot change my theme without making a mess of my website. What can I do in this situation? Have anyone faced similar problems?

Regards,
Adnan Tanvir Reza

Hi

you can ask your purchased theme Author through support. Contact your purchased Item Author and let them know. Theme author can tell you is there any plan to update theme to compatible with wordpress 5.

Thanks

If you install the plugin Disable Gutenberg you should not have compatibility issues. For any problem you can fix it by code or hire a freelancer or maybe the author too. Another option is to not update wp and add a security plugin.