Author-Driven Pricing Coming to VideoHive

I don’t think that is possible for 10 dollar items. I used to get 7 dollar from them, now it is less than 4.

Sales will only raise if I set it to a lower price, one would assume, so let’s say I set the former 10 dollar item to 9 dollar. Now I get less than 3 dollar per sale.

Now sales have to more than double to earn me the same as before. Do you really think the change from 10 to 9 dollar will double the sales?

Changing to 8 dollar will require sales to go up by a factor of around 4. a 2 dollar price decrease will do that? nope.

It just doesn’t work with low priced items.

…or maybe you should price your item 11, or 12, or 13. Maybe, you will still have the same amount of sales, no matter you will price it 9 or 13… I’m sure you choose 13$ if you will have the same sales, don’t you?
That is what I mean, we can experiment.
Why are you talking only about decreasing the prices? Maybe the right way is on top, not on the bottom.

If i have the same sales with 13 dollar as I had with 10 dollar I earn less because I get less than 7 dollar per sale of a 13 dollar item now.

the prices right now are so that authors earn the same per sale. if you lower them to their original price or anything in between, you lose.

I’m not talking about prices before ADP. Forget about them, they are gone.
I’m talk about the future, not about the past.

I think you don’t understand what I’m saying. It’s okay, I think we are getting too close to a pricing discussion which is prohibited so we should better end this discussion. I hope all the best for your earnings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. Let’s see how it goes. The more sales for you, too.

1 Like

Right I did some math for stock footage and motion graphics…I just got back from the dentist where I got a couple of injections so I might be wrong… :joy:

I’m at 67%, i’m going to write the old prices with old income vs new prices with new income, and the difference

Old Price: 8$ = 5.36 New Price: 10=5.86 Difference: +0.5$
Old Price: 9$ = 6.03 New Price: 11=6.7 Difference: +0.67$
Old Price: 10$= 6.7 New Price: 11=6.7 Difference: 0
Old Price: 12$= 8.04 New Price: 13=8.37 Difference: +0.33$
Old Price: 17$=11.39 New Price: 17=11.73 Difference: +0.34
Old Price: 19$= 12.73 New Price: 19=13.4 Difference: +0.67
Old Price: 20$=13.4 New Price: 19=13.4 Difference: 0 Old Price with ADP 20$= 14.24 Difference: +0.84
Old Price: 25$16.75 New Price: 23=16.75 Difference: 0 Old Price with ADP 25$= 18.42 Difference: +1.67
Old Price: 33$=22.11 New Price: 30=22.61 Difference: +0.50$ Old Price with ADP 33$= 25.12 Difference: +3.01
Old Price: 40$=26.8 New Price: 35=26.8 Difference: 0 Old Price with ADP 40$= 30.99 Difference: +4.19

My analysis: decreasing the new prices of just 1$ would give me less than before. I might keep the new prices till the 19$ mark, maybe I’m going to fix some inconsistencies around the 11$, and I might bring back to the original prices all prices above 20$ such as 4K items and bundles for extra cash.
So, If customers response is positive to this increase of prices of cheaper items and will keep on buying 4K at the same price of before, this might be a pretty good deal.

1 Like

I agree, motion graphics buyers fee is totally fair. I’m happy for you guys :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be very nice, what you suggest!

Not a post for this topic: please Envato do something with those unimaginable loooooong review times … How can we earn something if months and months must go by for new items to be accept/decl. I quit uploading here time ago.

Don’t mean to sound too ignorant but where can I access this tool? Is this somewhere on AJ? Please specify the link.

EDIT: Ah, ok, never mind. It’s on the upload page and this is not implemented for AJ yet.

Yep, it’s on VH.

Oh, that was long day, I changed all my prices (increased them, even logos). Already got few sales. It so a good feeling when you receive 2-3$ more then yesterday.

PS: I got a taste for it, and changed my avatar!

4 Likes

Yup. If you go below $10 you would get less (in $ and %) than before. Talking about $8 HD footage/motion graphics here.

But you have to go up to $15 to still receive 67% (or whatever level you’re at). $10 means you now only get 58.6%. Almost halfway back to when you started…

To sum up:

Anything below $15 and you will earn less, in %, than before. Anything above $15 and you will earn more, in %, and of course also in $.

Anything below $10, and you will earn less, in $, than before. Anything above $10 and you will earn more, in $.

For 4k:

Anything under $23, and you will get less, in $, than before. At $23 you will get the same in $, and a whopping 72.8% (if you’re at the old 67% level).

At $15, you would keep your 67%, but of course much less in $ compared to the old $25 price.

So if you want to at least keep the same earnings in $ and stay at your old %, you have to price HD at $15 minimum, and 4k at $23 minimum.

3 Likes

Well as I said before it depends how you see it, if you see it from a % point of view or from $$$.
Today I’ve sold an item for 13$, made 8.37$…is it my 67% ? No, it’s 0.34$ less…Have I made more money than yesterday? Yes, 0.33$.
It’s all a matter of pricing strategy now…I’m still not sure what to do, I want to see how the market responds to this general increase first and…so far so good!

It’s tricky though, my mind is messed up because I can not calculate my income by my % anymore!

2 Likes

You can, by using the calculator from the edit page for pricing the items. The author fee % it’s 33.75% in my case. This author fee it’s the part of envato from the price without the buyer fee. If I change the price for an item which now costs 11$ to 100$ I’ll get around 66.25$ from 100$ not from 103$(the total price plus buyer fee which is 3$ for motion graphics,and which is all for the envato income), this means 66.25% , is my part. Conclusion : If you rise the price, it’s looking like your % it’s increased , but it’s not. It’s the same % from a higher amount of money. If you lower the price a lot , below 11$, the buyer fee will be a big part of the price , but the authors gets nothing from buyer fee. So they’ll get a lower amount even than envato , because envato has this fixed buyer fee only for them. That’s why , who understands this , will increase their prices a little.

Prices here are so low that it is fair to raise them, after all. You all know that. Take a look around, to competition and their price schema. If buyers want good clips, they should pay decent price. I haven’t spotted many changes on work similar to mine. So far … Let’s wait.

Yeah, from this point of view I think it’s a good change. If you raise your prices a few dollars you still gonna sell on the market with lowest prices.

1 Like

Good point! :slight_smile: Hmm? I also hope that buyers are aware of that.

Made some changes already on my work. Up …

They must conform. I made some changes too , I priced some items which were 9$ before ADP to 12$ plus 3$ buyer fee the price per total reaches 15$ now. After I sold one , I received 7.9$ , compare that with 4.6$ before ADP. If the sells are gonna mantain this will be a winning move for authors. Now let’s see if, in my case, it was only luck.

1 Like

@MTzSTudio
Very nice! I agree with you. It is a good move to update prices on +.

Prices are still best, affordable, etc. For buyers. Ordinary price of HD is 50$ and above. Top clips sells elsewhere from 99$ to 500$ or more (case to case). Middle is 150$. In most cases from 40$ to 90$. Elsewhere! :slight_smile: So 15$ or so for a HD? Cheap, cheap …
It is ‘funny’ big players here haven’t change much - so far. In some cases …

Well, if the thousands of buyers here were happy to pay $50 to $100, then they’d probably shop elsewhere. VideoHive effectively caters to the smaller content producers who need cheaper content. The average Youtuber can’t afford to pay $100 per clip if they’re using ten per video and releasing one, two or seven clips a week. That could be anything from $50k to $350k a year. The BBC, Discovery, network tv shows etc… they can all afford that without any trouble.