Author-Driven Pricing Coming to VideoHive

I hope they understood that is not good idea, and decided to abandon ADP :pray:t2:

Each item should keep its current minimum price set by videohive. Authors should be allowed to increase the price only.

4 Likes

Hello from codecanyon author,
Don’t worry about author driven prices. Last year it happened to our codecanyon also. People worried, but after 1~2 months price will be stabilized and normalised . Cheers! You have ADP!

12 Likes

hi. when is the author driven prices for videohive?

yes

This seems as a great idea as long as there are some caps stablished (mins and max). Does anyone knows when this will take place?

Nope… Envato decided it is no longer important to monitor this post.

Early the new year (2018)

truly… really early of the new year…

it’s ON!

I am sleepy, who can tell us are we loosing money now with new Fixed Buyer Fees?

OMG envato must have lost their minds. All prices in my portfolio increased for the buyers and I also get less percentage than before!
Really?

buyer fees are way off. $6 for logo templates that used to cost $12, that is a change from 20% buyer fee to 50% buyer fee!

Thanks for let us know in advance for this BOOM!
That’s the kind of news that I don’t want to see at 2am!

So basically with this 3$ fixed buyer fee I’m already losing money if I keep the prices like this at 10$.
If I want to make the same money as before I must put a minimum price of 11$, 3 extra than before.

I’m speechless…

Really I cannot remember having such a drastic change in the buyer fee on other marketplaces…

It looks like many people will stop making logo templates now. It simply doesn’t make sense unless of course clients will adapt to such big prices…

OK I don’t quite understand but when I click How much will I earn from an item its actually a bit more that I was earning before…but the price of an item went up average 4 dollars

Well that was sudden… I’m trying to understand if there’s a way to change the price of multiple items in one go… or is it time to “do creative” and change it item by item?

You are maybe earning a few cent more but the buyer needs to pay several dollars more. That means envato has raised their cut by a lot. If you want to give your customers the same price as before they earn OVER 50% from elite authors!!!

1 Like

Yeah that’s a bit drastic…I m thinking of not changing any price

I have to ask my buyers for 30 freaking dollars for a simple logo reveal that used to cost $11 to still receive 70% of my sales.

Wow envato, just wow.

6 Likes