Author-Driven Pricing Coming to ThemeForest

I think it works for everyone, since the buyer fee doesn’t affect the total price from my calculations. Might be mistaken. From what I read and understood, the earning we get per sale is author fee * set price. The buyer fee is the buyer fee.

Yeah… sorry my bad…

1 Like

Great tool, but the Author Fee in % seems to be not took in count for the final result.

It stays at 12.5% ^^

1 Like

Done! Thanks for that! :smiley: same link, should work now!

1 Like

Thank you! Checked and updated. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A big problem is that most of the authors won’t realize in the beggining that they are earning less. This adp just landed in the middle of the month. I thought that the change will apply from.1st of may, not apr.19. This will be a dificult for partnerships also. Who makes these kind of changes in the middle of the month on a tuesday???

3 Likes

@pixel_industry I have increased $1 to $2 for most of my selling items :smiley:

I WANT MONEY :joy:

1 Like

###$14 Marketing Template

Before: $11.20 - $1.41 = $9.79

After: $10 - $1.25 = $8.75

Loss: $1.04

###Typical $17 HTML Template

Before: $13.6 - $1.7 = $11.9

After: $13 - $1.63 = $11.37

Loss: $0.53

So, Its not a good idea to keep the same pricing. If you want to keep same momentum, Update your pricing.

1 Like

Great tool, thank you! It would be even greater if you add the tax thing to it, wouldn’t it?

Heheheheh :smiley: we did it to for our HTML templates :slight_smile:

Sarcasm, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure if anyone cares, but, yes :slight_smile:

VAT’s are relative. Plus, the value shown at the end is the value you’ll get in your account if you sell an item, VAT excluded! :slight_smile:

Now i can understand, all these change has been made for envato interest. they will earn 4$ more from each item we sell. They should not change rules, instead this they should increase all items price with 4$ and not make possibly to change item price by autor. If we increase our items from 17$ to 21$, many autors will not increase them, and our sales will drop, if we leave as they are with 17$ we will earn less than before. This new rule is not good for us as autor.

Sorry to say this but from jannuary of this year, they made us a lot of loosing including tax treaty as autor we pay near 1000$ each month to US state, we didn’t that before. What we earned from opening new office in USA… Nothing, just loosing money each month. Now they made another desicion against us, and the worst thing from all of these is, instead offering better conditions for us, they are reviewing poorly, more than a month waitting for wp items and for other items half of month.

Sorry to say that but I am :disappointed:

8 Likes

Seriously this year bring bad news one after one for all of the authors and frankly telling I have started looking for some Brick And Mortar business as an alternative for my living since i am damn sure that in next couple of years or sooner may be i won’t be able to survive just on the income from here.

You have pointed the 3 main things that affected all of us “Author driven pricing”, “US tax”, 33 days review for WP themes and the other good thing is sales these days. Simply Terrible :smirk:

3 Likes

It’s really unbelievable that we are FORCED to earn less, and less with each “update”.
Now I should increase my items’ prices to earn what I was already earning a day ago from each item sale, before the new “AuthorDrivenPrice” was alive.

The whole effort, the entire hardWork to reach 70% profit from each sale for all those years has already gone to oblivion within a single moment, until we raise our prices!

I don’t know what to say.
I feel totally invisible & disrespected.

Please let’s not use the word “community” from now on.
At least we can do this, right?
If you don’t use that word anymore, I would feel more respected.

Sad.

12 Likes

When did envato do anything in authors favour without there greedy interest.

1 Like

It seems, Envato is still not aware and/or don’t care about the VERY SERIOUS consequences of their actions.

Not everyone has the same personality.
Your actions are affecting your authors’ lives.
And more importantly, believe it or not, your actions are threatening the LIFES of your authors (I will not even name the “act” which some sensible people commit for even much simpler reasons than finances).

This is finances, not child’s play.
You are playing with AUTHORS’ LIFES here.
Just letting you know.
Please think about this.

2 Likes

And its live now, you can change it :open_mouth:

Where are you getting that from?