Author-Driven Pricing Coming to ThemeForest

Hi folks,

This is just a quick note to let everyone know that all items that fall into the new ADP categories have received a soft rejection to allow authors to determine a price for their items in light of the change.

All items impacted have been removed from the queue and will have received the same message.

We suggest re-submitting your work as quickly as possible with your chosen price. Once the items have been priced in the new submission process, they will return to the queue to be reviewed for quality as usual.

If I understand well, 2 of my HTML Templates were at their 14 days of queue and then, restart from 0 for the same journey? :worried:

Goodby wisdom and quality :disappointed:

1 Like

Before:

and After:

What the hell is going on?

The buyers fee has changed, so as a result, the item price will have changed. Youā€™re still getting the same percentage taken from the item price as your author fee though. In your example, the new fixed buyers fee is working in your favor, as the item price is higher. As the item price is higher, the author fee is going to be higher as wellā€¦ which is why youā€™re having $1.56 taken from it, rather than $1.50.

Is this live for sure? You can set the price but the buyer fee is still percentage based.

Can someone create a calculator for the fees? This is getting to complicated! Iā€™m web designer, not an accountant. I donā€™t need to know 50 fees and 30 taxes for 23 different countries and 11 types of buyers! It was great when you had X percent of Y. How do we calculate what new fee you added in so we can price our items accordingly?! This is confusing!

3 Likes

sureā€¦does it mean that you have to set the price of a simple HTML theme to 25$ so you have the earnings you had before?.. tell me then, who will buy a HTML theme for 25$ā€¦ i sure donā€™t

Can someone please translate this in plain english!

Will the value added in the Your Price box be the amount we receive? So if I place 10 there for example, and I make a sale, my account earnings will increase by 10$ ? Am I getting this right?

Cheers!

(The Item Price includes your Author Fee)

@matthewcoxy My Question is what if I didnā€™t change the pricng? My earnings will stay same right? or will it increase or decrease?

Currently I have no idea what is my real earnings. Thanks to your super awful statements page.

1 Like

So is that the ammount we recieve, or not?

If you put $10+$3 = $13 sale price , but you wont earn $10. From these 10 $ envato will take itā€™s percentage depending on your author level.

@max-themes if you want to earn the same amount on HTML I think you should increase the price with 1-2 $

If you maintain the same price you will earn less! We just sold a HTML and we received less with almost 60 cents.

1 Like

No. Less your Author fees.

Our author fee to exclusive authors is between 12.5%-37.5% of the item price.

Aww! That means envato earnings is now going like a rocket! :rocket:

Atleast they should have keep the same earnings as now. :cry:

@surjithctly I have absolutely no idea how to calculate my total price of an item. Thanks @Envato for all the fees! It feels great to have all these fees but not to have a calculator made in the author page and having to be an accountant as well. (insert sarcasm)

3 Likes

Yes. Their motto was to super confuse authors with loads of fees, deductions, and taxes.

So that nobody will complain about that. Thatā€™s why they donā€™t even fix the statements page.

Depends on the list price of the item and the new fixed buyers fee, so itā€™s not really possible to give a blanket answer to that one. In most categories, some people will have to set their items to a higher price to get the same net amount as they did prior to the changeā€¦ and some will get more than they did previously, without having to increase the price.

@matthewcoxy Updated Pricing is not reflected in the listing page and popular page. May be some cache issue?