AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Hey Master, thank you very much for your kind explanation. I didn’t know that and thought it’s the same. I’m certainly too old to understand all these things. :sweat_smile: Though now I know!

Thanks again and further on good luck my friend!

1 Like

While i understand these differences, i still question myself - what are chances that someone steals a credit card and then uses it to purchase a track on a stock market?)) Its such a nonsense to me. Let alone the fact that you’ll be tracked easily sooner or later. Yet, there are so many reversals that it seems like there are many unique individuals (thiefs) who love stock music lol.

I mean, if i was a thief, i would buy lots of physical stuff as soon as possible, throw card away and get lost)

I actually had around 7 reversals so far, 3 of which were in the last month so this clearly tends to get worse everyday.

I agree with @PhreaSpirit : burglars today have a thing for stock music.

1 Like

Absolutely dead for me.

Dead? Absolutely!

2 Likes

Out of the blue just sold two 10 million broadcast licences for the same track to the one buyer in Peru. Can’t help fearing that I’m heading for my first sales reversal but fingers crossed! (If I do get a reversal after the automatic monthly payout date, with my normal level of sales I could easily end up with a negative balance… :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

First of all, they don’t actually have the cards. :slight_smile: They get the numbers from certain dark places on the web, and there are thousands and thousands in circulation. It’s not a difficult thing to do and I believe most people who do it aren’t “hardcore criminals”, they just don’t have any money and don’t see a big difference between pirating something and using stolen numbers to buy something. After all, that is usually how digital items end up on pirate sites in the first place. :wink:

It happens on every single marketplace on the internet, every single day.

Buying physical stuff would be much riskier.

I would guess there are two main reasons for buying stock items like this:

1. They want to get it so they can put it on a pirate site. This is not in order to make money, it’s just something they take pride in.

2. They actually want to use the item.

6 Likes

There was a case a little while back (that was discussed on the forums) which suggests that there is also sometimes another pattern of behaviour, which is when a buyer persuades his/her credit card company that they are owed a refund on some spurious grounds after they have downloaded their purchase. I think that if, within a certain time limit, a card company decides that a refund is in order there is nothing that can be done to stop them reversing the transaction. But I stand to be corrected on this if I’ve got it wrong.

The case in point was a buyer who brought a whole load of mass reproduction licences to use AJ tracks in some educational software he was producing for sale. After several months the sales were all reversed (or at least a lot of them). Many authors posted about this. However, I’ve spotted that he has nonetheless been promoting his educational software for sale through newspaper interviews etc. Without purchasing the software it’s impossible to be sure that he is actually using the AJ items that had sales reversals but it certainly raises questions. And even if he eventually decided not to use the music he purchased this does not seem reasonable grounds for the credit card company to have agreed to reverse the transactions.

I remember that! That was my first mass reproduction license:). Luckily, it was not reversed. It was a weird situation overall.

1 Like

Wow, after 4 years here i still don’t understand.After a terrible and even worst month, April picked up incredibly good if we consider how bad March was.I started this month with 8 sales, this week only 6!
If this trend continues i will start uploading as well and praying HARD that we are going to get those good old times! Really praying HARD.

2 Likes

This week is almost dead, but not quite. It is more accurate to say a little alive :slight_smile:

Again the same sad story. The last time was in October. In the middle of the week of the week, not the weekend. A few days there are no sales. This is absolutely incomprehensible.
APD: I complain a little and got a small sale! Ha-ha! It works again! :smiley:

1 Like

Haha, the boo hoo time is back again. Let me try it: Boo Hoo … :sob:

Let’s see if it works for me as well… :laughing:

2 Likes

Hit me with DA BOO HOOOOO!
:raised_hands::airplane::raised_hands:
:four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

All good luck with boo-hoo-hoo-hoohings!!! :wink:

3 Likes

And me too ! Boo Hoo Hoo! :pray:

2 Likes

I’ve never Boo Hoo Hoo’d before but what the hell… BOO HOO HOO!

3 Likes

I’m uploading new items, updating old items, I’m even boo-hoo-ing a little, but still three days without a single sale. Despite that the start of April was not bad.

2 Likes

You can buy sample packs and vst instruments, and that’s the same thing. + Pizza

6 Likes

Pineapple pizza. :joy:

3 Likes