AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Guys, I’m wondering, will it ever change the top genre?
For example, now top is corporate, epic. Interesting what will happen in the trend, tropical or hip-hop future bass edm ?

The whole pop music world changed a lot the past few years, so I think people will also want more modern sound in commercials and projects. It’s really rare these days to hear a new pop song on the mainstream radio recorded by some band on a real instruments. Electronic genres are taking over for sure in my opinion.

2 Likes

About that.
This morning i was watching this video. Reading the titular i thought… It has to be a very difficult bass line, i never heared the song. But when i watched the video, think Deadmau has no idea about REAL instruments, how can he says that bass line is imposible to play? I have listened a lot of bass lines more difficult than that.
Does he know musicians who play real instruments? I don´t think so.

6 Likes

Music should be interesting. The audience are not professional musicians.

1 Like

I need work on my kick about 16 hours =))))))

And sales will more =))))

No, he doesn’t know how to play any real instruments. And he doesn’t really know much music theory. But he has great ears and works hard. I’m sure if he thought about it a bit longer he would realize this isn’t impossible to play… Now he just quickly said something in a live stream.

I have studied music, know music theory inside out, and play a few instruments, but sometimes I wish I could go back to when I didn’t know any of that, because as a composer, it’s sometimes good to NOT know the “rules” and just freely explore new ideas.

Of course, I try to do that as much as possible anyway, and knowing theory and real instruments is of course great, but sometimes it can be nice to just work with untrained ears.

And nice to see that Davie504 has developed and improved over the years. In some of his first videos that went viral he had terrible timing!

3 Likes

maybe. When a buyer is seriously interested in a nice track, he can pay 10, 20, 30$ and more… and this money is not cause of poverty.
I think we can put some justice in the control of pricing…

Totally agree! exploring by yourself without prejudices is the best to learn and going forward. Then you are more free to do what you want!
:slight_smile:
Good talk! love it! :smiley:

Well no surprises as Saturday absolutely dead. Not a single sale. Even weekends I used to get a few.

As for “pop” music, the rot started to set in about 30 years ago and is now in cardiac arrest. You go into shops and hear the same c****y autotuned (but tuneless) wet, boy-bandy, rap or wailing female diva drivel assaulting your ears.

Thank God Some of us lived through the best of music in the late 60’s 70’s and 80’s days when fresh, original artists did their own thing. Can you imagine anything remotely in the same calibre as say Abba, The Police, Blondie, Kate Bush, Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Human League, OMD, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, ELO, 10cc, Laurie Anderson, Micheal Jackson, Talk Talk, Gary Numan, Art Of Noise, Depeche Mode, Talking Heads, Phil Collins, to name but a few. Even the KLF who were taking the mickey out of the music business still made great sounding records nothing today could get remotley close to.

Rant over.

3 Likes

Abba are rubbish. The remainder are good to excellent.

To say they were “ rubbish” is ridiculous, even if you don’t like them. Abba were one of the best pop bands. Every song completely different, some beautiful melodies, folk influenced. Also helped by the fact that the guys were excellent musicians.

2 Likes

I don´t think music today is bad, there are some good bands out there, but it´s true that we are loosing that old feeling about music, and for me it´s becoming harder to find music that i love.
I still remember pay for vinyl LP, even without listening (Dog Man Star from Suede, Crooked Rain Crooked Rain from Pavement, Somewhere in time from Iron Maiden,…) and coming home thinking… please, be a good LP, please, open it, smell it, and listen the first sound from the needle, that Rattle and Hum (U2 :wink: ) starts the music and forget everything around me.
I see people today speaking about their incredible Dre headphones “and bla bla bla, my headphones, blablabla”, playing in their phones mp3 at 128kbps totally compressed.
Old men always think their time was better.
Young men cant hear them, always run faster.
And to finish with music…

PD; 4 sales this week, very poor for me…:joy:

2 Likes

To tar all modern music with the same brush is equally as ridiculous. The world is full of fantastic music, if you can’t find it maybe you’re not looking hard enough.

5 Likes

Of course the world is full of stunningly wonderful music. A bunch of bands, songwriters and composers come to my mind in seconds, but I guess @Marbury-Media was talking about nowadays most listened, top-of-the-billboard music.

A couple of weeks ago I did a quick search of Spotify’s 3 most played songs in about 15 countries from all different continents. Broadly speaking, almost none of those had acoustic or actually-played-by-a-drummer drums, very few had real instruments played by actual musicians whatsoever, and most vocals were insanely auto-tuned. They were, though, masterfully produced, but that’s all. I guess I do share part of that bitter view.

Then again, there’s so much valuable stuff out there for those who scratch a little beyond the surface. But IMHO today’s surface kind of sucks.

Getting back to the topic: february is closing pretty nice for me after all! :slight_smile: Still 2 days to go.

Cheers guys!

3 Likes

Just a question: When did synths stop being “real” instruments?

When people stopped programming and playing them by hand ?

As for sales, it’s set to be the worst month since 2012. Again, 2018 looks to be pretty much a new low capped approx $100 down from my old stats.

So, since around 1957 then?

General life tip: Keep an open mind and you will be infinitely happier.

Another question, is an orchestral composer who doesn’t play a single note on a movie soundtrack a talentless non-musician?

It’s also kind of funny because a large part of the artists/songs you mentioned used a great deal of programmed synths and based many songs around factory presets.

@Flumen, about that.

Is this a musician?
And i´m not talking specially about Guetta, about Djs

So you think the music appears magically out of thin air before they play it?

Zero sales weekend…since long time

1 Like