AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Nice pic you took of me in my spaceship! If I discover some lost planets full of buyers, I’ll let you know! @KakaduCreation

1 Like

Many of my new items also stayed at zero this month (more than usual). I then looked at some stats about the site and they hinted to a generalized down. But it seems to pick up speed a bit now…

I despair increasingly every day at how bad the lack of sales are. Monthly earnings have def been sliced in half for me for 2018.

2 Likes

2018 is also weaker than the same months of 2017 at my place. Last January was less than 2017 and the present February (while already a bit better than last month), will probably be less than February 2017. Declining stats while having 30% more items than last year in my portfolio… :thinking:

I am seriously thinking of pulling my best sounds here as they clearly don’t sell (but do elsewhere) Sales are just pathetic. The more Envito keeps on taking in pops, clicks and other well covered common sfx continuously, the more diverse stuff gets buried.

Absolutely looking to be the worst month in years.

I dont wanna be seem like i’m an advocate of Envato, but in my humble opinion, Envato could choose what to sell. They made this amazing platfom for us to sell out items, and of course on the other hand they make money by doing this.
In any sector, there are highs and there are lows. I don’t think, complaining will make it better. But searching for new strategies and apply them will always make it better.

2 Likes

There was a time when they “created” and did it successfully. Now the process of “destruction” is underway. as you said “rise”, “fall.”

The question is, when will this understanding come to people managing these processes.

ENVATO and it’s founders have created a marketplace for individuals to sell their items. ENVATO has spent many years developing and honing a marketplace that allows us to earn from this platform. ENVATO does consider it’s content providers with a fair and balance system that we benefit from. ENVATO is a business for sure but authors must not be blindsided by perceived injustices such as a search system that favours the few. ENVATO ensures that a fair marketplace exists and that authors must at all times adhere to the terms and conditions. ENVATO is a system that authors should not take it for granted that selling items will automatically happen. ENVATO…

3 Likes

You are right about basic “pops” or “mouse clicks” type of fx being well covered by now, but software, app and game developers still need a large variety of other “pop up” and “click” sounds. New ones, all the time. Different takes on old concepts, high tech ones, quick glitch, vintage bleeps, wooden button, plastic switch, etc. One can make a ton of click sounds without even repeating itself.

But how could diverse stuff be buried by clicks anyway? As an example, sfx like your “Beach Combat Zone” can’t be affected by more clicks in the Buttons & Menus category. They are not aimed at the same buyers. If someone search for “Beach Combat” or “Combat Zone”, there will not have an avalanche of pops and clicks burying your file.

You may find basic sounds redundant, but they are not your competitors much.

“Envito”? Can’t be a typo after so many times. :wink:

Envato have their flaws (I’m still puzzled by their Photodune’s move), but why stay with a company you seem to hate?

(I’ll write to you later by private mail about a different type of platform where some of your complex sounds might have a chance to do better). :slight_smile:

Stats are still moving since yesterday. By tiny increments, but in the right way: up.

I don’t hate Envito, it just frustrates me. I think the low % cut for sounds doesn’t help when sales do happen.

I agree. Author-Driven Prices (coming this year, maybe?) will at least add a bit more control over our prices. Could be interesting for more complex sounds.

Do you mean ENVITO?

3 Likes

Oops - yes, my mistake.

2 Likes

That would be somthing if we could gain control of pricing. Psychologically higher pricing is supposed to attract buyers.

3 Likes

Still have some doubts about the benefits of ADP for music, but for sound effects, maybe this system will have a good potential. SFX already go at bargain’s bin prices anyway, so I don’t see how authors could go lower without giving them for free.

Will not derail this thread for too long (one of my specialties), but a quick word about that. Higher pricing does have a psychological appeal for some buyers. But low and medium prices too. Having control will help us to market sounds for each buyer’s segments. (The new system is now active at Videohive and Audiojungle is supposed to be next).

1 Like

This is a subjective matter for each customer. For someone in 2$ a huge difference, but to someone the difference of 10$ does not matter.

1 Like

I Think here it is necessary to constantly add new items to your sales increased. Apparently it is “jungle law” :palm_tree: