AudioJungle Sales Monitor

But this does not explain why sales go deep down around 14-16th mid of month (for me since several years) or do you think Adword campaigns from competitors start exactly at this same time every month?

Hmm 
 It’s worth attention 
 :thinking:

Well, competitors or not, if Envato do less publicity around mid-month, that theory is still possible.

Not all sales fall in the middle of the month. I complained at the beginning of the month. Now everything looks quite stable. I hope this will continue.

I think that AJ doesn’t have to invest as much as the competitors for ads. I doubt anyone can create such a huge amount of organic traffic as Envato can. Multiple marketplaces connected, forum, affiliates, tons of authors linking to a website from their own channels
 We can complain all day here as individual authors about oversaturation, but in the terms of business and SEO Envato is a really brilliant website. Everyone who has any experience in creating a website would have respect for Envato.

2 Likes

Yep. :slight_smile:

And what’s interesting is that I monitored the sales of some proponents of the capping theory and found very few authors with stats matching with their words!

When they post «sales completely stops!» or «exactly mid-month!», it often means «sales slowed down a bit» and «anywhere between the 10th and 20th day».

So you’re right, a good conspiracy is cooler than facts! :alien:

3 Likes

Then I heard the logic. Unlike “you have to write a lot of different tracks” :sunglasses:

Had my first sale for this month today. Totally dead in the first half of Nov for me

Cmon sales!! Where are u? Boo-hoo-hoo!!:blush:

Truly great and informative post, mate!
Salute!

3 Likes

Thanks! Btw. “Royalty free music” is not the only keyword AJ and competitors are competing for
 It’s unbelievable how many people need to license music for videos and search for it on daily basis through google. One thing I’ve noticed is that many websites (including some stock music markets) are shifting to the subscription model. Envato does this with Elements but AJ is not yet included. I think this will be implemented in the future to help AJ stay competitive.

1 Like

mission completed?

Und also sprach @WaveToys. :wink: Thanks for the service, mate.

I don’t really know how suscription based markets pay authors. At a first glance, it seems that those models would reduce our individual incomes, don’t you think?

A whole other topic, but from the info I gathered around me, these subscription models often causes more harm to authors than wealth

Yup, one would say so.

1 Like

I don’t know, I just notice this on websites lately. I’m not advocating this, just saying it is probably coming to AJ in the future

Anyway, I talk too much and I’m boring. I didn’t have anything better to do today :stuck_out_tongue: Enough for today, wish you all many sales tomorrow! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My last sales was on Jun :frowning:

Hope AJ will not change itself into subscription model or our individual income will be doomed. The subscription website out there are still so expensive if you are not the big player on videomakers things.
But if Envato choose to make AJ part of elements for only $29/month then surely it will affect our earning :frowning:

3 Likes

Let’s hope that the AJ will never be included in the subscription model. Otherwise, the authors die of hunger :slight_smile:

Upload something :wink:

Your portfolio is just buried under the next cultural layers during four years. In terms of archeology, the amount of AJ library has increased a few times since your latest upload!

1 Like