AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Maybe he’s on your case because your sales report are (often) in contradiction with reality? It gets annoying and gives a false image of this market (which is simply different than that other one where you do better).

A large segment of Audiojungle sound effects buyers are casual games developers in need of bubble pop sounds for colorful balloons or small companies searching for very simple sounds; what can we do? I mean, they won’t buy an eerie jail door slam when they need a correct answer’s bell. Buyers are leading the game, not us.

Your portfolio is full of great industrial and dark effects, but is somewhat lacking in simpler sounds. Maybe your low sales (for your standards) have more to do with this than anything else?

1 Like

I have no sales the second day, of course it is unpleasant, but we are waiting for buyers. :sleepy:

With that logic you should delete your portfolio here, and see sales double elsewhere. Why don’t you do that? You’ve been talking about it for years.

You have posted the same post for two years, like a broken record, “sales terrible, conspiracy turning off sales, will take my business elsewhere”.

What’s interesting is that these are your posts from the other site:

• “Sales have dropped right down.”
• “Very dissapointing sales for a while.”
• “No sales at all today. It just gets worse.”
• “Looks like another sales lull.”
• “Huge drop this month. Terrible.”
• “That is the same pattern I see everywhere now. Midway through a month and either they start or stop.”
• “Whenever there seems to be a holiday there are several days around it that go down too. Again, 1 tiny sale isn’t good enough with the amount of work I have and keep adding to”
• “Another no sale day. So many this month already. I have never known it so bad here ever!”
• “July was a disaster accross all sites. The worst in YEARS!”
• “Day 3 of the month and Abysmal start to Aug, worse than July. Other sites picking up sales.”
• “Abysmal month. Way down on previous Augusts.”
• “Very very disappointing. Around $200 down on my previous Sept (with a lot less media in my port)”
• “Abysmal for the time of year. Wednesdays always bad.”

I’m just wondering in what universe you’re living? Like @Nonzerobot said, your posts seem to be in contradiction with reality.

7 Likes

1 Like

BTW @Flumen - I saw you finding stats about average sales amount of different authors. Where do you find those stats?

Top Authors pages and the Wayback Machine.

1 Like

You seem a very nosy individual who has a lot of time on their hands for digging around others stats. Why are you not showing your hand with your anonymity here ? Why are you not pulling up others for complaining with words like "boo hoo " etc ? Like I said, get off my case. I don’t need folk like you at the moment. Or indeed ever.

1 Like

It’s true! Why discuss a person? Here they discuss the sale. Someone’s better, someone worse. Everyone has a subjective attitude. Why it is necessary to forbid to share opinion? For this purpose this theme has been created. If it’s annoying, the forum is great, you can find another topic. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well if somebody is basing their opinion on incorrect information, or what somebody feels is incorrect information… then I guess there’s nothing wrong with pointing that out.

It’s too intrusive, do not you think?

1 Like

Well if Envato stated that every author has made 100% more this year compared to last year… I’m sure the authirs who haven’t would be posting evidence to dispute that. It’s less about an issue of intrusiveness than a desire to get across accurate information. And all the info used to arrive at these intrusive opinions are made using public figures.

2 Likes

“Investigation” Flumen, looks very aggressive. It’s not beautiful. It is better to have a peaceful dialogue.

1 Like

It’s even better to have a peaceful dialogue without drama and conspiracy theories :sunglasses:

HEY! Look at that! :smiley::smiley::smiley:

Go back to the beginning! :upside_down_face:

This thread is titled «Audiojungle Sales Monitor». So, what’s wrong in monitoring the sales of a few authors? I do this too. All numbers are public. It simply helps to get a clearer picture of the whole market state.

And since Marbury posts dramatic complaints, months after months (on a public forum), it’s no surprise that some people respond to him from time to time. Freedom to discuss also includes people prefering facts to emotive rants.

On a positive note and about my own stats, I’m happy to report steady sales for the last 3 months. No capping at mid-month or anything. :sunglasses:

Ps: cool that your sales return,
Wish you a good November :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. Forum for all. And even for bores :wink:
:smiley:
Peace :v:t3:

2 Likes

Yup. Pretty steady sales around here too (around 3 per day), but unluckily no big licenses yet so the incomes are slightly lower than this point of the month in october. Fingers crossed for that Broadcast 10 Million that puts the spike on the graph!
oct

2 Likes

I agree! It’s smart market research as far as I’m concerned, I keep track of some of the best selling items and authors here, it’s all public numbers, not a thing wrong with it, gives you an idea of what is theoretically possible and helps to influence decisions (not that it seems to be helping me much haha!)

1 Like

Thanks. Market research sure helps to see things as they are. In fact, it’s one of the very few tools over which we really have control, so yeah, let’s use this! :sunglasses:

(By the way, most people complaining here on a regular basis should probably have a humble look at their output first. Search engine has its flaws and all, sure, but the main ingredients of failure or success often lies in our own portfolios).

Ps: Cool rock pieces at your place. :guitar:
Put some more tracks in there and I’m pretty sure you will see nice results. :slight_smile:

It wasn’t meant to be aggressive (or beautiful) - it was meant to be a hard dose of reality, with facts, numbers and quotes as the basis for posting instead of endless, repetitive emotional rants. :slight_smile:

4 Likes