AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Sales are slowing down as I predicted. They are not completely dead, but it’s not like the start of last week when sales were very high

Only one sale in November, what’s going on, mates?
Complain!
Let’s have a great week, though, my fellow jungle brothers!

I have the same situation! 1 sale in November! INCREDIBLE!

Seems like im the only one with 100 files and 10 sales a month

Also one sale in November only. from and old track. Actually, I approved about 10 tracks within the last two months, and NONE of them have got a SINGLE sale.

Complain-Complain-Complain
BOO-HOO-HOO-HOOOOO
And what else is there?
Any one will do! If only not silence!

These 2 weeks were bad, hope sales will come back soon :frowning:

Can I have at least one sale please)

If you complain to Envato that your tracks aren’t selling… then who does Envato complain to if your tracks aren’t selling?

3 Likes

Perhaps we should remain silent? We must not talk, we must not look, we must not breathe!
You must understand that in this forum there is an envato spirit. If you say secret magic words, sales are poured by the river. But you should not tell anyone about this!

I would recommend breathing at regular intervals, to ensure your body has enough oxygen to function properly and eliminate the possibility of death, injury or illness. However, there’s nothing wrong with sharing your sales trends, hopes for the future, concerns etc.

I was just making the point that a lack of sales isn’t always 100% Envato’s fault. I’m not saying it’s your fault either, but a lack of sales will pretty much always come down to one or more of three things…

1. Behaviours of Envato
  2. Behaviours of the Author
  3. External behaviours (that can’t really be influenced… but may result in a change of behaviour from one and/or two).

And the balance of each of those three things will vary between 0% and 100%. I just see a lot of people that seem to consider option one as the only possibility when it comes to reduced sales, or a lack of sales.

6 Likes

Guys! We complained and provoked the spirit of Envato! He came to us! Now everything will be fine!
:star_struck::grin::ghost:

All hail the mighty Envato!

5 Likes

@KakaduCreation I see you often complaing about low sales. I’ve checked your portfolio and it looks like you are uploading regularly nice amount of good quality tracks. Usually it should guarantee regular earnings. But in my opinion:

• you have focused on the most saturated genres (corpo and children)
  • but in both you are uploading similar sounding items (I do not say about self-plagiarism of course, I’m talking about general mood)
  • you have oversaturated your own portfolio with this genre, such similar tracks do not have time to gain visibility, because sales are spreading on many similar tracks.
  • you have invested only in one type of “corpo” buyers who are looking for “happy” tracks. There are many different corporate styles, like motivating, technology, startup etc. And a lot of buyers seek for that staff, that’s why they do not stay with you even if they find your tracks.
  • you are trying to make your niche from this “happy” genre. But it has being a niche few years ago, now it’s strongly oversaturated and even passe and hated by many video creators. And a lot of buyers from this category love to buy only track which has already huge sales. The market is still huge, but it’s very hard to get through the competition.

Generally speaking I would diversify portfolio:

• making more various styles in corporate/children genre
  • making other genres and searching for other niches

It was only my opinion, I wish you all the best and high sales! :slight_smile:
RedOctopus

8 Likes

Thanks for the detailed analysis! You are in many ways right. I sometimes try to diversify my portfolio, but I understand that the “happy” tracks turn out better for me) But I do not leave the hope to diversify my creativity :wink:
Thank you :grinning:
p.s: And further! My “happy” tracks are sold well, until there is a “stop sales”. In this case, nothing is sold at all from my portfolio. And my visit to my portfolio falls. This can be seen by FlagCounter …

I also see some limitations in my sales. But I can easily connect it with market supply and demand rules.

BTW it’s hard or even impossible to make a statistics based on small sales amount.

But that is still my opinion :slight_smile: All the best!

1 Like

This makes a lot of sense. I noticed my rock tracks are always doing good on AJ. I was singer and guitar player in rock bands for a long time and that kind of stuff come easy and natural to me, and I tend to make those tracks fast and with a little effort. But I started to love electronic music and I don’t really love rock music so much now, so I only uploaded 3 rock tracks in 2 years which makes no sense for bussines. “Oh this track is doing great? Let’s not make any more like this one!” :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, that is natural, and to be expected from a highly saturated category with high demand.

Customers look at the new tracks and buy something happy. However, your track is replaced almost right away with another happy track that works just as well. That is why sales stop.

In less saturated categories with lower demand, initial sales will be lower, but your track will live longer with more even sales.

A good general corporate track can make 5-10 sales the first couple of days, but then never sell again unless it REALLY takes off. “Take off” must mean sell more than the bestsellers, which today is really, really hard.

A good, more unique, unusual track, might not sell at all the first couple of days, but can continue to get sales for years. Maybe only 1 per week, but over time, it will outsell the general corporate track with incredible competition.

1 Like

Your analysis in this case failed, sorry. If my track was replaced by another, my again goes after) Sales do not fall. Or slightly reduced in 1-2 weeks. Not very much. But sometimes there is a complete stop. Despite the constant uploading of new tracks that hang at the top.
I’m a little more than a year to sell the tracks and watching the statistics of their sales. On average, 2-7 tracks in the day. In the “stop time” of 1-2 per week. I think soon my sales will return without changing the style) And I won’t have time on this forum :wink:

In my opinion @Flumen is totally right.